Starfinder Playlist

Mac user suffers constant disconnects and crashes

One of my players is on a Mac with the Sierra OS and is experiencing constant disconnects/reconnects (on the order of every minute or so). Images and dice rolls are slow to come through or never show. He also suffers a full-on crash approximately every 15 minutes. Myself and the other player are both on PC and have no issues.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I have no Mac experience (if that is even the issue!) and the user isn't particularly tech savvy.

Blog Entries
    Welcome VvZODvv

How much RAM does the user Mac have?
    How much RAM is FG using when you load up the campaign?
    Is the user on Wifi? Is it possible for them (pending ruling out the memory issue) to move closer to the Wifi?

I don’t remember off the top of my head where the setting is and maybe some one can chime in, but there is a compatibility check box that is suppose to help for Mac and Linux and it actually does the opposite and causes the the processer to spike and maybe the cause of their problem. I know that I had issues in the past on my Mac when that was checked. I host a game on my Mac with 4 players on PCs and have never had problems like that.

Background: the compatibility setting is for display issues - it forces a regular screen redraw, thus the processor spike. If the user's Mac is really struggling in general, it might contribute to issues. But, it sounds like there are other issues - networking being the main one.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information