FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Divine Grace

Divine Grace

how to code divine grace, its the paladin ability from pathfinder that adds its charisma bonus to all saves, now i know i can put a set number like SAVE: 4
    but im trying to set it so it reads the charisma as the saves for all 3 saves, i try SAVE: CHA, SAVE: [CHA], SAVE: charisma
    none of them work unless i put a set number it wont read it, the reason is b/c of spells that lower charisma, if they lower charisma, then all saves should be lower, if this isnt possible this should be put on the to do list as well as letting SQ attacks like breathweapons from dragons be read like in 5th edition please

Blog Entries
    As per Discord - it wont stay locked in-sync with a changing Charisma Score.
    If CHA changes you will need to update the Effect.

It might even be a rules question as to whether ongoing effects are fixed at cast time, or adjust during duration based on changing scores. Especially a big question if an ability affects duration. For efficiency of play and simplicity of understanding, I would personally go for fixed scores at cast time anyway.

Regards,
    JPG

There's no "at cast time" for this ability. It's a paladin class feature that simply increases their saves with an untyped bonus based on their Charisma. Like Moon Wizard said, it's probably easiest to just increase the saves in the misc bonus on the combat tab. To really make this work, you'd need to be able to add constant effects to abilities. Also, this ability only adds bonuses. If you were for some reason playing a paladin with 8 Charisma (or if your Charisma gets lowered that far by damage), you don't get a penalty to saves from the ability, which the current effects system would apply.
    Ultimate License Holder
    US Central Time Zone

Currently Running:
    Player in Carrion Crown w/ Ponyfinder - Sunday @ 7:30pm

Character Creation and Management: PCGen

Thread Information