FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Effects

Effects

I'm still poking around with CnC. The effect's 'not to par' is an issue that still bothers me.

So I have just begun filling out my effects. I plan on making a list to share with others on the forum, since I don't have access to change the wiki. It is something I am interested in and see value for others.

My efforts to share my work with others would be greatly enhanced if I had a list of actual modifiers I could work with. In just 15 minutes of work making my effects, I've come across one that isn't in the Wiki.

After reading the Players Guide it says: Defender Prone or Blind - AC:+5. This can be used by making the Prone actor Prone with an AC penalty, by just adding the condition 'Prone' as an effect (no other modifiers. It is built in.) Right below that it says: Defender Prone and Defenseless - AC:+10. There is no built in modifier per the wiki for this effect so I began to make my own something along the lines of 'Defenseless;AC-10' to be added to the actor the condition is on. But I decided to run a test and just put 'Defenseless'. Guess what. The actor got an [DEF EFFECTS -10] condition when it was attacked.

What do I need to do to look in the code myself to find the modifiers available? If I look and Defenseless was an outlyier, and all other modifiers are documented, and I have nothing to work with but what is already shown on the wiki, I have a question:

If I do have to code in Mounted, then is it possible to differentiate between range and melee? Mounted;[Melee]ATK:-2;[Range]ATK:-4 or something like that?

Segin
    Last edited by Segin; August 11th, 2018 at 23:17.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

I use "Attack from Mount; ATK: -2 melee; ATK: -4 ranged".

Attached are the ones I currently have, they need some updating but it is a good base to work from. I will probably include a version of this module in future ruleset releases.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Andraax; August 11th, 2018 at 23:55.

Thanks that will help. Will format mine differently. Plan on making mine with headers so to speak-- Status, Attack, Spell, etc. So when I need to add an effect it is easier to find (for me) by looking for what I'm doing (attacking or under an status effect etc)
    Just have to remember under where I put them (elevated ground or unstable platform would go under... Status I guess?) chuckle.

Effects.jpg

by the by, I know a couple are incorrect (range/melee for mount is what I am referring). It's currently a work in progress.
    Last edited by Segin; August 12th, 2018 at 00:28.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

I mostly matched mine up to what's on the C&C GM screen.

Thread Information