FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

How can I set up a ghost touch effect?

My first pass was IFT() for incorporeal, then make the DMGTYPE into force, but DMGTYPE is not targetable. Every other scheme I can think of involves players remembering to turn effects on and off or they will bypass DR on corporeal creatures. Ideally I would love to see a ghost damage type and modifier on armor that would interact with incorporeals. Does anyone have suggestions on good ways to set this up as the PF ruleset is now?

IIRC, the determination for ignoring the damage comes from the action_damager_manager. It's not something that can be easily negated by an effect. The temporary effect is the only thing I can think of given current system; same applies to magic dealing half.

I am setting an effect Ghost Touch; incorporeal for an Action, unfortunately it does not work with an IFT (). It works well and does not bypass DR, just the incorporeal tag on the creature.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

I found somewhere else a thread was discussing it as well but my search-fu is not working. I have a weapon with several effects on it but I cannot get the Ghost Touch to work right. I remember seeing that it needs to be the first effect listed.
    Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 1.07.02 PM.png

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Evilthorne; March 26th, 2022 at 18:23. Reason: wrong word

Kel's extension is currently the only one that supports ghost touch as a dmg type that im aware of. maybe another on the forge

I have Kel's extensions as far as I know. Still can not get it to work

Quote Originally Posted by Evilthorne View Post
    I found somewhere else a thread was discussing it as well but my search-fu is not working. I have a weapon with several effects on it but I cannot get the Ghost Touch to work right. I remember seeing that it needs to be the first effect listed.
    Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 1.07.02 PM.png

Any ideas?
    IK don't know if this is the issue - but that magic item looks like it's unidentified (based off the ** Magical Spear ** name). Try identifying the spear.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The issue is: It is about 3.5E, isn't it? 3.5E ghost touch implementation is different in my extension 3.5E has the effect ghost touch, not a damage type PF1 instead has the damage type for ghost touch, not the effect

Since a long time I wanted to add the possibility to add ghost touch via the properties field (for both rulesets), but I never looked at it yet, since I'd need to find out how to call the properties field in the code (doable, but I then tended to look at other things)

Heres a hint Kel, for looking up properties on items
    look in the manager_char.lua
    search for masterwork
    i assume that would give you all the info you need
    hopefully anyways
    Last edited by Phixation; April 1st, 2022 at 17:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    Heres a hint Kel, for looking up properties on items
    look in the manager_char.lua
    search for masterwork
    i assume that would give you all the info you need
    hopefully anyways
    ah, hehe, thanks a lot

Thread Information