DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    I have you down. Thanks for the interest will be messaging you if a spot opens up.

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Blog Entries
    ATTENTION- We have one spot open and are looking for someone to fill it ASAP. First come first serve. I have the server up and can help you make your character for Monday's session all day Saturday. Message me or reply to this thread and we will get you on Discord. Thanks!!

My Blog

Hey there, have you filled up your group? I ran an alternity game once before I loved all the possibilities that could come from a setting like that. I enjoy character interaction, as well as trying to work things out when possible, if that is not an option, I like to play the sneaky recon guy to exploit what ever weaknesses can be found in an enemy and destroy them. The idea of a small spec ops group really sounds cool :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Darkstone View Post
    Hey there, have you filled up your group? I ran an alternity game once before I loved all the possibilities that could come from a setting like that. I enjoy character interaction, as well as trying to work things out when possible, if that is not an option, I like to play the sneaky recon guy to exploit what ever weaknesses can be found in an enemy and destroy them. The idea of a small spec ops group really sounds cool :-)
    I sent you a private message. Please follow the directions contained within. Thanks!

My Blog

Blog Entries
    Session #1 (The Awakening) - A group of Six strangers awaken in a damp cold room. They are each laying on stone slabs that make up a circle in the middle. As they awaken and shake off the fog in their minds and the stiffness in their muscles they notice each other. Many of them draw weapons and back away, eyeing the others for some clue as to why they are there or what their intentions are. As this stand-off occurs, a door at the far end of the room opens and an older human man, in green robes, walks into the middle of the group. He identifies himself as Balial the infamous prophet who predicted The Calamity as an apocalyptic event. Balial in a soft but powerful voice explains that these 6 people were taken from the world and kept safe deep underground in a bunker because of their special bloodlines. He also tells them that The Calamity occured 5 years prior and Earth is in dire trouble. The Angels & Demons are at war for control of reality and they are one group of several that must try to stop the balance from being torn asunder. They ask questions and receive some guidance and are then allowed to leave and make their own choices. The group, though still not trusting, work together over the next few hours to escape the bunker. Facing off against groups of infiltrators, traps, magic puzzles and even a group of fiends.

They finally escape through a cramped tunnel and sealed hatch, reaching the surface in a wooded area outside of New Yor City.
    nycskyline.jpg

They enjoy the fresh air and comiserate over some delicious blade beak, starting to slowly get to know one another. The night's ordeal and the unnatural sleep finally catches up with them as their adrenaline fades and they decide to take turns on watch and get some sleep. A few of them are troubled by visions in their dreams but overall they get a good night's sleep. Near the end of their rest the Tabaxi hears something coming in the distance and she and the orc wake the others so they can prepare themselves. They set up an ambush as two mechanized wolves enter their area. A quick but furious battle ensues as two more of these machines try to surprise them from another direction. However, the group, though still newly formed, pull together and quickly tear the machines down. Why were they patrolling? Who, if anyone, controls them? What on earth do they do now? They are faced with so many questions and very few answers...

My Blog

Damn...missed the opening. If you have any spots open up, let me know. I'm new to D&D but your campaign sounds amazing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krs4890 View Post
    Damn...missed the opening. If you have any spots open up, let me know. I'm new to D&D but your campaign sounds amazing.
    I will contact you if we have an opening. Thanks for the interest!

My Blog

Blog Entries
    Greetings from the Apocalypse. Real Life has claimed our first adventurer and we may need another. I am reopening recruitment. Please read OP and reply or message me if you are serious about a long term game!

My Blog

Blog Entries
    Session #2 (The Road to New York)

Our intrepid group of adventurers are gathering their thoughts after the battle with the mech wolves and they notice their small wizard companion is nowhere to be seen. The ranger quickly searches the area for tracks and sees they end abruptly. They find a pack with some of his items and continue searching to find a peice of his robe 20' up in the tree. How did he disappear? The group decides moving on to the city is their best option and they start traveling. The paladin and cleric feel this strange barrier blocking them from complete access to their divine power. It is an unsettling feeling that they don't quite understand. A half-hour into their travels Grath gets a very bad feeling. Something is coming. Xanderiel and Ziggy bound into a grove of trees and prepare themselves as Mandrake and Orak join the death priest and prepare for battle. From behind them, far overhead, humanoid forms with large silvery white wings are flying through the sky at great speed. They do not seem to notice the group below and quickly pass over heading the same direction as our heroes.

Crack, Snap the crunch of leaves and the breaking of twigs belies the position of another person. A human man with a large bladed polearm steps forward and introduces himself as Godfrey. There is a quick interrogation of the stranger, who has a similar story to the group, before they decide to allow him to accompany them as far as the city. Godfrey informs the group that his previous travel companions were taken by Angels a few days before and he barely escaped himself. The group finally reaches a modicum of civilization when they arrive at a highway with a long steal bridge in sight to the northeast. They cautiously travel from abandoned vehicle to abandoned vehicle until they reach the bridge at around 3pm. There is a street sign that says: Bayonne Bridge to Staten Island. They decide that crossing such an open area in the daylight, especially with Angel patrols around, is probably a bad idea. They retreat a few thousand feet to the woodline and wait it out til dark. During this time Ziggy creates some earrings and Xan modifies his sword to be more balanced for his fighting style.

bayonnebridge.jpg

As night finally arrives the group set off like a highly trained squad of spec ops and traverse the bridge without raising any alarms. They are wary that there are no roving gangs or guards at the entry to the city. The rogue and ranger scramble up a couple buildings to get a better view of this part of the city (Staten Island). The group hears a woman screaming a few blocks to the north and Orak immediately pulls his blades and heads in the direction of the scream. The group follows, Xan keeping to the rooftops to give overwatch. Orak rounds the corner to see 6 men standing over a body. The men look to him, their dirty faces with an H tatooed on their forehead, shout obscenities and begin to attack. The group recognize these degenerates as probably members of The Human Collective. A Xenophobic organization that wants all non-humans dead. A long and bloody battle ensues leaving Grath and Orak unconscious and all but one of the thugs dead. Who ran away in the confusion of the fight. After the group rouse their comrades they inspect the dead thugs and the body of what appears to be a half-elven woman. The only possession on her maliciously ravaged body is a locket with a picture of her and a young elven girl with blonde hair and two different color eyes. Grath collects the heads of the cowards who killed this woman and ties them up into a bandolier around his chest.

During the battle the group heard loud gunfire and saw one of their attackers on a nearby roof get their head turned into a cloud of pink mist. As they caught their breath they could hear a voice in that same direction joyishly ridiculing the collective thugs who had died or run away. Xanderiel sees the glint of light off something glass on the 6th floor of a building to the northeast. The group decides to investigate this strange development. On their way to the building the sky turns pitch black and the light of the moon disappears as the group is surrounded by lightning. A very large Angellic Humanoid lands before them and speaks to them in their minds. He garners some information about Balial from them and then looks to Xanderiel. It is as if he sees something in him, nobody else can see. With a clench of his fist the Angel's eyes explode in radiant fire and Xan is dropped to the ground in agonizing pain. Unaware to the group the demon from his childhood is tormenting him in his mind. Xan unable to fight back against Azrial, a Prince of Hell, loses control and his body transforms. His wings grow much larger his muscles expand and his horns become straight and pointed. The demon form of Xan takes to the sky and attacks who he calls Gabriel, the Arch Angel. A short combat follows and Gabriel smites Azrial's form inside Xanderiel but not before the newest member of the group fires a few hapless spells at the demonic form thinking he is doing the right thing. Gabriel then slows time, marking each of the adventurers with an invisible magic sigil on their arms. He then admonishes them and takes off into the sky disappearing. Xan is taken back by the fact that this newcomer would be so flagrant in his attacks and threatens him. Godfrey in kind speaks heated words and a short fight ensues. Tensions are raw after such an emotional and froughtful day.

viewofnewyork.jpg

After anger cools and emotions calm they decide to continue their investigation of this glint of light nearby. After searching through 5 floors of an abandoned bank and gaining some loot from some lockboxes that hadn't been vandalized yet, Xan leads the group to the 6th floor where he sees the strangest thing. An oak tree growing from the floor. As they move closer a 4' tall Satyr named Eldwid emerges and with some kind words and libations makes fast friends with our group of adventurers. They decide to spend the night with Eldwid and relieve some of the stress from their first day in New York City. As they close their eyes, thoughts enter their minds. What will tomorrow hold? Can we even survive as a group? What to do next?... Minds race as sleep takes them one by one....The War has just Begun!
    Last edited by Skillkoil; August 29th, 2018 at 00:04.

My Blog

This Campaign sounds really interesting on how its a post apocalyptic New York many people like scenarios like this and I do too and the whole angels and demons thing going on puts a nice aspect to the world it is in as well as the modern tech view combining with these things putting your players through multiple tests and them having to come up with things on the spot is also good.

Thread Information