5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Nephilim Wars [5E Post Apocacalyptic Campain] (Homebrew)

**Campaign is currently FULL, Feel free to post if you would like to be on the waiting list!

Nephilim Wars

FG License: GM has Ultimate players only need Demo
    Game System: 5E Ruleset in Post Apocalyptic Setting
    Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
    Day of week and time: Mondays starting at 6 pm
    Planned start date: 8/20/2018
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly, 3-4 Hour Sessions, Long Term Homebrew Campaign / Have content up to and past Level 20
    Attribute Acquisition: You are free to roll 4d6 and drop the lowest (reroll 1's) or use a 27 Point buy system.
    Text or Voice: Voice Only
    Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 Roleplay/Combat
    Number of Players needed: **Full Accepting Back Ups**
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 3 with standard equipment
    Character restrictions: Most races are allowed but all have been edited to conform with the campaign theme

The Story: The year is 2120 and the world has been bombarded with meteor strikes. One of the meteors brought a plague that killed 95% of the remaining population. God and Satan have disappeared from the pantheon. Now the Angel's & Demons are fighting for rule over the remaining mortals. Each of you, even though you may be from different races have always known you are special. Either you are filled with celestial blood (Nephilim) or that of a Greater Demon (Demon Spawned). The last thing any of you remember is looking up into the sky and seeing what looked like a blue comet and now you are waking up in a pitch black room, cold damp stones under you, the faint smell of plant decay and iron lingers in the stale air. A voice booms in the darkness. "Half-Bloods I have only one question for you. Will you use your special abilities to save this world or take the opportunity to dominate it?"

Hey everyone! I have been working on this campaign for quite a while! It is D&D 5E on a post apocalyptic earth with all the cool races and classes you know and enjoy with a futuristic twist and a supernatural bend! Our main objective is to have fun! You can and will earn XP from more than just combat. If you avoid combat with a genius idea I may give you more XP than the encounter is worth. If you have a great RP moment or truly stick to your character's bond, flaw etc.. I will reward you accordingly. Just to make sure we are on the same page I would like to explain a few things I expect from my players.

1. I encourage out of the box thinking, if you have a cool idea that might not be exactly within the rules I may bend the rule for that encounter to allow for creativity

2. If you are going to be absent or late I have channels on our Discord server that you MUST post on as far in advance as possible. We will be a group of people spending quite a few hours with each other every week and I think everyone deserves the respect to know if you can't make it or might be late. If you miss more than one session without posting in advance you are subject to being removed from the game at my discretion.

3. The RAW (Rules as Written) are not the be all end all point of playing the game. I will stick to the rules for the most part but I have the final say on the rules for my game. If for any reason you have an issue with something happening you can bring it up with me immediately and we will decide either to discuss it right then or wait til after the sesssion. I will also provide an anonymous feedback area for all players so you can give suggestions or critique anything you want about the campaign. (Thanks Aedus)

4. I expect you to respect the other players. You can interrupt me all you like if you have questions or want to say something but do not interrupt another player while they are speaking.

5. Last but not least... We are all here to have fun, if fun for you is making the strongest character possible, creating a wacky flavorful character, Roleplaying with a funny voice, etc.. etc.. That is what I want you to do! I will support you in any way I can.

Finally if you are interested in playing in my campaign please post and include what you are looking for in a game. What parts of roleplaying do you enjoy the most?

Happy Gaming!!
    Last edited by Skillkoil; September 11th, 2018 at 05:36.

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

I am very interested. I value the problem solving and roleplaying aspect of my games. I like to develop characters with quirks and internal struggles. I always make the choices that my character would make rather then the best decision possilble. I think it would be interesting to play a dark or grey hero type. (think punisher or wolverine). Have an honorable code but know that sometimes you need to sacrifice the few for the greater good type of personality. I am interested in playing an elf paladin.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reply Aster. I love your character idea. Send me a message on fantasy grounds and I will get you an invite link to our discord when I get home.

My Blog

I am very interested in your Campaign. I like the idea of having a mentally stimulating adventure with combat thrown in at the right times to make it more engaging. The characters I play all tend to have extensive background and plenty of quirks and flaws to play around with. I try and avoid one dimensional characters if at all possible. My Idea for a character is a Tiefling-Variant Ranger, with some 'deformities', a very troubled past, a hatred of "Demons". I will PM you his Background, and you can tell me what you think.

My wife may be interesting in playing in this Campaign as well.
    Last edited by AlexWynters; August 11th, 2018 at 22:28.

Blog Entries
    Sounds good, just message me if your wife wants to join as well. I have sent you the discord link it is good for one day.

My Blog

I'm Alex's wife. He told me about your game. I would still need to make a character, but it is interesting as a world to explore in. I think I would like to play a rogue, I just have to figure out a race to have it be. As soon as I have the character fleshed out, we can make the changes to fit it into the world.

(Sounds sort of like a post apocalyptic Shadowrun.)

Blog Entries
    We have room for one more player. Please read OP and reply if you would like to join our campaign!

My Blog

Hello there! I would be interested in playing, and I'm available almost all day monday.

Blog Entries
    We had on player drop due to scheduling conflict have room for one. See top of post and reply.
    Last edited by Skillkoil; August 18th, 2018 at 04:11.

My Blog

I’d love to throw my name on the stand-by list, too. Please let me know if anything opens up. Happy adventuring!

Thread Information