DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 30 of 33 First ... 202829303132 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    ... the real problem is that persistent damage in the text string comes out as regular damage.. Sahuagin Warrior someone gave a flaming trident to would be 1d8+4 piercing plus 1d4 persistent fire would roll as 1d8+1d4+4 damage. Even if persistent isn't added (which can easily be handled separately), the persistent damage being rolled as regular damage would be a problem
    If there is an additional piece of data on the attack line that is causing dice to be added to the base damage roll, then use "and" instead of plus. For example: 1d8+4 piercing and 1d4 persistent fire
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, I have been changing them as I come across, and that's worked.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Trenloe: How hard would it be to get [LVL] added to the possible Effects strings. There are some uses of it in the rules (Hardy, Burn It, Flame Heart, etc). It's usually half but I know the H tag addition is already in there so if [LVL] works, then [HLVL] should be good.
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Trenloe: How hard would it be to get [LVL] added to the possible Effects strings. There are some uses of it in the rules (Hardy, Burn It, Flame Heart, etc). It's usually half but I know the H tag addition is already in there so if [LVL] works, then [HLVL] should be good.
    It's actually in there from the 3.5E code - I'll add to the effects Wiki page. Have you tried it? If there are situations where it doesn't work (remember you have to apply it from a PC's Actions tab) let me know.

Note: it rounds down, so HLVL with level = 1 will give 0. So keep this in mind for half-level effects that have a minimum of 1. I don't intend to specifically code for this at this point. A work around (but not very elegant), would be to also include the "1' entry as an additional effect in the applying action - assuming that the bonuses are typed and don't stack. Taking Hardy as an example: RESIST: [HLVL] poison; RESIST: 1 poison

Be careful with Burn It - this doesn't use the PC's level, it uses the spell or item's level.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

CL should solve some if it, but for the Burn It, that'll be tricky, I agree. Impossible to have contingencies for everything, sadly

That said, I did try [LVL], but I thought it was something that was on the Effects tracker and did look-ups from there. Didn't realize it was only from character sheet and would pick up the instance only then (so even for constant abilities, they'd have to be re-added after each change in level). Good to know!

Burn It! will probably be best as an imbedded feature then. Putting the 1/2 bonus within the Items and Spells themselves (EG: Burning hands would have 3d6 fire per usual, then a 2nd damage line with 1 fire to indicate Burn It! bonus (for the 3d6+1 overall).

Oh, speaking of which!

I don't remember reading the rule of rounding in the Playtest. Is there one? IE: Always round off, Always Round up.

Round down. See page 299 of the Playtest rulebook.

Not sure if this is known, but I think there is an issue with Resting. Hitting Overnight Rest does not provide the correct amount of healing. It seems to only heal equal to the character's level rather than their Constitution modifier times their level.
    -------------------------
    CST (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by Thes33 View Post
    Not sure if this is known, but I think there is an issue with Resting. Hitting Overnight Rest does not provide the correct amount of healing. It seems to only heal equal to the character's level rather than their Constitution modifier times their level.
    Yep, that's known - it hasn't been coded, the 3.5E ruleset code is still active for resting.

Logged as bug # 1.062.

The formatting on skill description links is erratic and borked (searched for skills in the thread and didn't see anything, sorry if this has already been reported)

Right click in the actions window gives you options for spell and weapon but not power.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    The formatting on skill description links is erratic and borked (searched for skills in the thread and didn't see anything, sorry if this has already been reported)
    Thanks for reporting. Could you give me an example of what's "borked" please?

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Right click in the actions window gives you options for spell and weapon but not power.
    Use the edit controls to add a power class. Logged as bug #1.066.

Thread Information