DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... Last

Bug Thread - Pathfinder Playtest ruleset - Release 1 (August 8th)

The first release of the Pathfinder Playtest ruleset is now in the FG updater.

Note: This thread is to report issues with the FG ruleset. Please check base functionality against the free playtest documentation before posting. The documentation is available here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderplaytest This thread is not to discuss the Playtest rules - please start other threads if you'd like to discuss the underlying rules from Paizo.

Please also keep in mind that this software is early access, and there will be defects and limited functionality. So please digest the following details of what is and isn't in this release.

I've added a bug tracking spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing It's read only, please continue to report/discuss issues in this thread. Thanks for all the assistance so far!

Videos to help get you started available on the Fantasy Grounds YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...lNYSwB4Ck1cSNg

Official statement: Welcome to the Pathfinder Playtest Ruleset. This product is an Early Access release. It may feature bugs, incomplete data and prototype graphics. This is not a finished product. Using this for an ongoing campaign may result in lost characters or data and evolving functionality as new updates are released. We will try our best to minimize the impact of this to end-users, but please avoid using this ruleset if this will cause distress. We have a number of stable ruelsets available for other game systems we support. Data in the playtest materials included (Core Rules and Bestiary modules) will be deprecated once the official System Reference Data (SRD) is released along with the official Pathfinder 2 Core Rules and Bestiary.

V3.3.6 (release 1) ruleset
    This is the initial public Early Access release aimed at bringing basic Pathfinder Playtest functionality to Fantasy Grounds. Initial functionality includes:
    • Character tracker to aid character creation and track high-level additions to the PC. Use this to build your character - click the Tracker button on the Main PC page.
    • Character sheet with abilities, saves, initiative, skills, attacks and damage.
    • Equipment bulk tracking.
    • Armor statistics.
    • Armor, Weapon and Gear drag/drop functionality.
    • Critical attack and damage automation.
    • PC Perception or Stealth Initiative rolling.
    • Proficiency level and bonus calculation for: AC/TAC, Saves, Skills and attacks. Manually set proficiency level for AC, weapons and skills.
    • Initial NPC records and:
    o Rollable Initiative, Saves, Attacks and damage.
    o AC/TAC targeting and hit/miss indication.
    o HP tracking.
    o Skills.

Underdevelopment (not currently available)
    • Spells and powers - beta test in release 2. Ongoing development.
    • Spell caster classes. Available in release 1b and release 2.
    • Death/Recovery rolls. Awaiting further Paizo changes to the base rules.
    • Archetypes.
    • Rolling of abilities.
    • Resistances, Weaknesses and Immunities automation.
    • Expanded weapon trait automation. Currently Deadly and Fatal work for PCs and NPCs.
    • Hazard records and automation.
    • Hero Points.
    • Magic items and resonance.
    • Affliction records and tracking (diseases, poisons, etc.).
    • Expanded Critical success, success, failure and critical failure automation.
    • Advanced NPC functionality.
    • Selective initiative rolling – select Perception, Stealth or another skill before rolling.
    • Effects and conditions.
    • Expanded PC action records.
    • Human ethnicities.
    • Party Sheet.
    • PC mini sheet.
    • Advanced NPC functionality.
    • Limited feat automation.

Core Data Module
    A core data modules is provided, that should be shared with the players. This contains the following data:
    1. Classes (all 12 are there)
    - Character build wizard should work for each but we haven't fully tested each of them
    - Character Class Features only through level 20 are included for each and picked up with the auto-leveler. Feats and boosts beyond level 5 will be made available in a subsequent data release.
    2. Items are loaded
    - Weapons dragged to inventory add the Attack Actions automatically
    - Armor dragged to inventory updates the defenses accordingly
    - Items add to the bulk
    3. Backgrounds are included and used in character building
    4. Ancestries included (all races)
    - These set base HP, speed, etc.
    - They add racial features to the character sheet when drag and dropped
    5. Feats
    - Includes general feats
    - includes all Ancestry feats
    - Includes class feats to level 5 for Alchemist, Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Fighter and Rogue.
    6. Skills are listed in the reference manual. These are marked as Incomplete so we can accomodate Skill actions in the future.
    7. Traits will be added in the next few days

Bestiary data module
    The bestiary module will be expanded over time as more NPC functionality is added to the ruleset and as development shifts to expanding the Doomsday Dawn and other scenarios. Currently the bestiary contains:
    • NPC records for all 9 different creatures in Part 1 of the Doomsday Dawn scenario – “The Lost Star”.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 28th, 2018 at 18:35. Reason: Clarified level 20 class features.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Coins don't increase bulk at the moment (it should be 1 bulk per 1000 combined coins)

Not a bug but I would suggest putting a "shield raised" toggle on the action window. As it will likely change from round to round and the player will be on that page more frequently than not. Easily handled for NPCs via an effect built into their statblock though.

I also wanted to say how impressed I am by your character creation widget.
    Even when not fully automating things suck as skill training, setting assurances and languages it shows a lot of promise

Hey Trenloe,

First and foremost, thank you for all the effort you put into getting this out ASAP. With that said, I've noticed a small mathematical bug when the new character sheet. Not sure if anyone has reported it yet. The "PC Items Total Value" does not take into consideration of multiple items.

Example my paladin is carrying a Breastplate, a Heavy Steel Shield, five Javelin, and a Longsword. This should be a value of 115 SP, however FG only records it as 111 SP atm.

I've attempted to drag and drop each Javelin and manually edit the "#" field next to the item, but the "PC Items Total Value" does not go up or down. Just a small bug to address, most likely a simple line of code is needed to include this as I am sure many of us will be carrying several alchemical based weaponry into battle.

-kwarner1986

I made a Goblin, Criminal, Rogue level 1 and dragged the following weapons over and it did not pick up the proficiency and is showing up as untrained in actions. Shortbow, shortsword, and dagger. I don't see a way to set the proficiency for the weapons. Is this one of the things that falls under "Expanded PC action records" or am I missing something?

Really liking it so far. I do like the tracker button as well. I think it is a good go to window for character creation, listing the steps needed to create characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg Smith View Post
    I made a Goblin, Criminal, Rogue level 1 and dragged the following weapons over and it did not pick up the proficiency and is showing up as untrained in actions. Shortbow, shortsword, and dagger. I don't see a way to set the proficiency for the weapons. Is this one of the things that falls under "Expanded PC action records" or am I missing something?
    You need to manually set the proficiency level for attacks, AC and skills other than the background Lore skill.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by kwarner1986 View Post
    Hey Trenloe,

First and foremost, thank you for all the effort you put into getting this out ASAP. With that said, I've noticed a small mathematical bug when the new character sheet. Not sure if anyone has reported it yet. The "PC Items Total Value" does not take into consideration of multiple items.

Example my paladin is carrying a Breastplate, a Heavy Steel Shield, five Javelin, and a Longsword. This should be a value of 115 SP, however FG only records it as 111 SP atm.

I've attempted to drag and drop each Javelin and manually edit the "#" field next to the item, but the "PC Items Total Value" does not go up or down. Just a small bug to address, most likely a simple line of code is needed to include this as I am sure many of us will be carrying several alchemical based weaponry into battle.

-kwarner1986
    Thanks for reporting.

I haven't noticed a way to add the free stat boosts from first level. Manually editable stats (including ability scores and HP) would be preferred, to account for games with alternative starting ability scores (rolling). Temporary boosts to Constitution do not change the Max HP value as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Camellen View Post
    I haven't noticed a way to add the free stat boosts from first level.
    Click the "Tracker" button to open the character tracker/log. This is where you'll do most things with boosts etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Camellen View Post
    Manually editable stats (including ability scores and HP) would be preferred, to account for games with alternative starting ability scores (rolling). Temporary boosts to Constitution do not change the Max HP value as well.
    The ability to roll stats will come in the future (mirroring the option described in the Playtest rules).

Thanks for reporting the issue with the temp con boost. In the meantime you can apply a temp modifier to the "HP" field (CTRL+Mouse-wheel).

I made 4 videos covering the main areas of the ruleset yesterday - they are in post #1. These will be available on the Fantasy Grounds YouTube Channel soon.

Update: Temporary Bonuses to Constitution increase health only after the client is closed and re-opened. Similarly, if removed, the changes aren't taken into account until the client is reset.
    Several skills do not properly calculate level into the total. Example: A level 1 Barbarian is trained in Athletics, Acrobatics, and Stealth. The final result is equal to the ability modifier, rather than ability modifier+1. This is not present for all skills, and so far only seems to affect skills based on strength or dexterity.

Thread Information