FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Forcing Results

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanun View Post
    That was very clarifying but one thing i couldnt get... is:

Is there a way to manual roll and mimic completely a nomal roll for the players? like the dice rolling in the chat box and displaying the result i choose and the chat entry the same?

Edit1: Also, after i enable manual entry will the "manual dice entry" box pops for players too?
    Yes, there is a way. I have an extension to make the dice roll what you want the players to roll. But it can't make the 3D dice come up on the number you want, just the text roll, so the players may see a different number on the 3D dice than the text number. That's the only thing the extension won't do. I use this feature when I need to control the outcomes to my story line. Let me know if you'd like the extension.
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

You mean forcing a roll onto the player's roll?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    You mean forcing a roll onto the player's roll?
    Yes. Someone made an extension for me that will do that. It doesn't make the 3D dice roll come up the number, just the text roll, so there is that inconsistency. So here is the fine print for why I use this extension. It's not to control every single dice roll the players make. It's not to punish them with crit misses when I think they're making bad decisions. If anything, I'm on their side and even play an NPC within the group and want to see them succeed. It's just that I like cinematic story lines, and sometimes the outcome of the dice can make or break the story. My players even know I use it at times and trust me with it. When I have a part of the story where I absolutely need to control the outcome, I will have them black out the text number on the 3D dice and then they can't compare the 3D dice roll with the text. When the part of the story is finished, I go back to letting their dice rolls be their dice rolls.

What an overly complex way of doing it. I either have them roll in the tower, ignore the result, and tell them what I want, or roll myself, ignore the result and tell them what I want. Your way is too hard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    What an overly complex way of doing it. I either have them roll in the tower, ignore the result, and tell them what I want, or roll myself, ignore the result and tell them what I want. Your way is too hard.
    Your way works too, Andraax. I like my way because even though they don't know when I fudge the dice, at least it gives them a sense that they may have rolled the number they see. Either way, if they roll in the tower and I fudge the result, they may know I told them a fudged result vocally. Two different ways of accomplishing the same thing.
    Last edited by Niles; August 9th, 2018 at 21:47.

Thread Information