DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Watching the Stream from Olympus, some doubts have

Hello I am a stream from the game broadcast by Twitch and I am watching the video on YouTube but me a few questions:
    1 - Are these and the modifiers created as the need arises?
    2 - How are the damage applications, I ask caused by a RD?
    3 - When LanFan threw the Shuriken against the Orc, when it had a penalty of 2, was this modifier released manually or not?
    4 - What is the procedure for making creatures such as centaurs, horses (ie large quadrupeds)?

There are a lot of ways to do mods, and I think we all do them differently. Some are created as-needed, some are pre-made.

I don't quite understand #2.

I suspect Lan-Feng's player just entered -2 in the mod box and rolled.

If you're talking about the tokens, in our case, we just make them oversized to scale. The centaur's token is sized for a 3-hex creature even though it's only 2-hexes, with the head in the middle, so the token pivots around the head at center.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

thank gigermann!
    I will try oversize the token

Sorry for the thread necromancy but it seemed along the same thing.

I was just watching the "Hell to Pay" video on youtube and noticed the tables for modifiers being used.

Are those in the new ruleset somewhere and I just haven't figured it out yet or do those have to be created by each GM for our own personal use? <-- If we do have to create the tables ourselves I get it, but it does seem like extra work just for ease of use.

Having to data entry the tables is one reason why it would be kind of nice to have official support. I expect I'll have to just spend time creating the tables manually but if I'm missing something I'll be glad to hear it.

Update: The answer I received was these may be coming in a future update. Thanks
    Last edited by Jaxilon; November 4th, 2018 at 06:57. Reason: update

Why did the Streams stop? Children's holidays? End of year holidays? To surprise us with the release of a phenomenal update on my GURPS ruleset?

We're on a break this month due to scheduling issues. We should be back on 4 Jan 19 to wrap up Banestorm.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Sorry for the thread necromancy but it seemed along the same thing.

I was just watching the "Hell to Pay" video on youtube and noticed the tables for modifiers being used.

Are those in the new ruleset somewhere and I just haven't figured it out yet or do those have to be created by each GM for our own personal use? <-- If we do have to create the tables ourselves I get it, but it does seem like extra work just for ease of use.

Having to data entry the tables is one reason why it would be kind of nice to have official support. I expect I'll have to just spend time creating the tables manually but if I'm missing something I'll be glad to hear it.

Update: The answer I received was these may be coming in a future update. Thanks
    One of the tricks that I found useful when using FANTASY GROUNDS is that with a little planning - anything you create for use with GURPS - can be reused without requiring you to re-enter the work over and over and over.

How do you do this? Take my GURPSRangeEffects.mod file that I created. Size wise, it is a mere 2 KB in size. All the mod file contains is my Range Effects table that I typed in manually for use with my CHROME CITY campaign (My cyberpunk campaign). Since I don't want to have to do this for every single campaign I might ever create in the future, I simply created it once in my Chrome City campaign, then exported the material into its own file (which I called GURPSRangeEffects in my case).

How do you export material that you've labored to create in a campaign for use with others?

First, hit the Library icon at the lower right corner of your GM screen. Then, click on Modules button in the new window that pops up. Then click on the export button at the bottom right of the new window that is now visible. That will bring up the export screen.

The Module Export Screen will now present you with fields to enter information in. File name (what you want to call it, Thumbnail picture name (if you want to have a picture for your module icon). Next, you will see Name (this seeming redundancy is that the first one is "what shall I call this for your computer" the second is "what will you/they see in FG when it is opened up".
    Next is category, followed by Author. Then it asks if it is a read only or a player module. If I want my players to be able to see it, I will click player module, otherwise, read only.

Then comes the heart of the whole thing. It has a list of all the categories of data in your FG campaign - from "Effects" down to Tables and finally Vehicles. Each item on the list has a check box option. Check it if you want it exported, leave it unchecked if you want it to avoid exporting it. So, for the modifiers information - you want to check the Modifiers item.

PRESTO! You now have a file that you can import to any future campaign - with the work already done and ready for the next campaign you want to run. If you want, you can even specialize your modifier list for specific Genres. For example, have a modifier list used only for TL 3 and lower campaigns. You might create specific modifiers for use in a SCI-FI campaign. So, create two sets of modifiers and export them into FantasyModifiers and SCI_FI_Modifiers. WHen you want the one, add it to your game. When you want the other, use it instead.

If you want to try and get together online and chat about ideas etc - we can always try to meet online via FG and chat. This way, you get to keep a log of your questions and my answers or I can keep a log and then send you the chat log as an attached file via email.

Thread Information