FG Spreadshirt Swag

SW setting advice

Bought the SW ruleset and I think it might be really fun. I like that it looks simple compared to 3.5 (which, besides basic, is my base.) and might be more child friendly to learn and play.

Sticking with the Sword/sorcery style, I found these options supported by FG. Hellfrost, Suzerain, Beasts and Barbarians, Shaintar and Sundered Skies.

Knocking off all but Hellfrost and Sundered Skies for various (probably faulty) reasons. Hellfrost seems kick, but expensive. I like SSkies support on FG and pricing.

Sundered Skies -- The world consists of a bunch of islands that are floating. After reading some website reviews, the tech is up to blunderbuss level. I don't like it, but can live with it.

Something that scares me some is the plot point system. I have no idea what that is. Thoughts on this setting?

Thanks,
    Segin
    Last edited by Segin; August 7th, 2018 at 05:18.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Pellspeth?
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    Hey there Segin, I saw you took Damned's advice and found the Savage Mojo Discord. Don't be shy, feel free to ask questions, since those who wrote the most recent Shaintar (Thundering Skies) and all of the Suzerain Continuum hang out there as well. They can point you in the right direction. We have GM's and Savage Mojo people who are more than happy to work with all those interested, we run one shots every other week so players and GM's can sample the settings, we have several GM's prepping campaigns now to start soon and they will be looking for players as well. Of course since this information is first shared on Savage Mojo Discord you can know what's coming ahead of the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Segin View Post
    [snip]

Something that scares me some is the plot point system. I have no idea what that is. Thoughts on this setting?
    I've not played that specific setting, but I have quite quite a few of Pinnacle's other settings and a plot point campaign should not only NOT scare you, you may just wish every campaign you've ever seen had it! I LOVE the plot point system. It's simply a standard campaign like any other you are used to but built out with natural breakpoints and plot hooks. The idea is that probably the first scenario will be a typical one that connects your players into it, but once they get through that introduction, if you will, you and they are free to do whatever works. It deliberately tries not to "railroad" you through the campaign. Each scenario is part of the overall plot of the campaign but each of them, while sometimes needing to be done in some kind of order (some things may be done out of the written order in most of these, though) they are mostly available as a way to let you players have the freedom to explore your version of the world and then as a GM you just plug in a plot point when it seems to fit in. It gives a lot of room for flexibility and creativity while also maintaining a solid thread of a professionally written campaign to work through. It's exceptionally useful for novice GMs, I think, and for experienced GMs it can either be used to save you some prep time or just ignored completely other than maybe mining it for ideas. Personally I really love the plot point system and find it really useful. Definitely nothing to be scared of.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Thread Information