DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Hi BlindTigress a quick recap - the best way to find your Data folder is from Settings or from the Explorer Icon on the FG splash screen. It is likely using the old path because it has reused your existing install settings. DOEs extensions are supported in the main Commercial Rulesets but are no longer supported in community rulesets unless they are based off DORCore. Gwydion has posted some other methods of doing sounds without the DOEs - these are not as well developed but may be worth looking at.

Hi, damned -

It must be my system, then, or something that's not compatible with DOE extensions, because I randomly picked 15 other extensions to install, and all 15 worked. None of the DOE's worked in ANY of the standard rulesets provided by an FG clean install, however, DOR Core ruleset worked just fine. To me, that says that there's something common within the DOE's that I'm either completely overlooking when reading the documentation, or that makes them incompatible with something in the default rulesets. I'm not ruling out PEBCAK errors, of course, but when everything else works just fine...

At any rate, going to go a different route, since this has already given me more aggravation than I care to think about. Thanks for everyone's assistance, I greatly appreciate your time and effort.

How are you downloading the DOE?

From the website, don't use "save as" or similar on the extension link in the FG-REM-Repo website - this downloads a .EXT file that isn't valid for FG. Click the extension name link for the file and then click the "Download" button that is on the page that opens after clicking the extension name link.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry I'm late to this Thread.

For the record - the DOE's *are* compatible with FGv3.3.6 and will continue to be supported for use with the main "commercial" Rulesets (provided I can get a copy for testing purposes - this note is for Ruleset Devs ).

@BlindTigress: if you are having issues with downloading the DOEs then drop me a PM and I'll see about getting you a copy directly - it is very strange that the DOEs are the only ones that you are having trouble with, so (logically) it may have something to do with getting them from Github - I might have to re-think things around that.

Anyway, please get in touch and let me know how things go, OK?

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz