DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Token Tool 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Are you guys using the .exe or the .jar version? I noticed their were a bunch of unlabelled extension types and I'm still not sure which one to use on Win7. (I assume the .exe...)
    I run the .jar with Windows 10.

the .exe is an installer for windows systems.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I use the jar as I don’t want to have this program installed on the work machine. I want some programs to be as portable as possible

I can live with the .folder which is not hidden on Windows by default, as it is on Linux. Never liked java for this ****... anyway I appreciate that the new version does not overwrite the old program’s folder, allowing me the roll back
    Last edited by Valyar; August 3rd, 2018 at 20:36.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Hmm, how does this compare to Token Stamp 2? https://rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

About the same for quality and ease of use, but Token Stamp 2 doesn't require that you dload anything and Token Tool is available offline
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry View Post
    Hmm, how does this compare to Token Stamp 2? https://rolladvantage.com/tokenstamp/
    Didn't know Token Stamp had upgraded as well. Checked it out long ago, and didn't like it. New version is nice. After playing w/ Token Stamp a bit, I see the following advantage for each:

Token Tool: Better built-in borders. Once a custom border is created, can save it. I don't see a 'save' feature on Token Stamp. So gotta recreate custom border every time.

Token Stamp: Text tool! If you want names or other information on your tokens, Token Stamp wins.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Nice stuff, for those looking for the download: https://github.com/RPTools/tokentool/releases/tag/2.0
    but how do you downlaod it? github is an annoying pile. where is jsut the zip file i can download and unzip without the installer?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    but how do you downlaod it? github is an annoying pile. where is jsut the zip file i can download and unzip without the installer?
    If you're on Windows, either get the .exe or you can try the .jar since it's technically a Java application. However my install (with the .exe) included a bunch of .dll and other stuff along with it so if the .jar by itself won't load for you, you'll need to run the installer. Welcome to Windows?

Blog Entries
    If you want to make quick tokens without downloading anything you can check THIS out. Very simple and easy to use.

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    If you're on Windows, either get the .exe or you can try the .jar since it's technically a Java application. However my install (with the .exe) included a bunch of .dll and other stuff along with it so if the .jar by itself won't load for you, you'll need to run the installer. Welcome to Windows?
    welcome to github where people that dont have their own website use to store downlo... oh wait... RPtools does have their own website to host their own files...

i got the jar and it worked. just ran it in the folder where i had 1.28 or whatever. found the overlays to edit in the appdata folder or so (wherever manage overlays takes you), so was able to move my custom from the old ones over to it in case i need to make tokens for anything now and dont want to just photoshop it.

i am curious what the installer included since the jar is now 20 megs alone!

Thread Information