DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Mac User GM, Constant crashing, makes sessions super frustrating

Hello there,

I've been using FG for quite a while now. Love all the automation and customization I can do... however...

It has become massively unstable for me. I believe this to be mostly related to the 32 bit nature of the client, but I'm guessing.

Not a single session has gone by in the last two months without a crash requiring I restart FG. When I do restart my multi-monitor setup sometimes inexplicably gives the app fits and it will not allow me to drag the app to the top of the screen. I can't resize it, I can't fix it with out multiple restarts, or unplugging monitors and then starting FG and then plugging it back in.

It is so much of a problem for my group that we're considering a move to roll20 which has it's own issues (like the fact that almost nothing is automated, boo!)

I know Unity version is in closed alpha right now. Would love to participate. Fantasy Grounds is the app I'd love to love, but right now It is such a struggle I cannot. My limited time for playing means that every crash kills me a little inside and we lose a lot of game-time.

If there is some magic bullet I can fix this with, great! By all means let me know, I'd rather take advantage of all the awesome features in FG, but I just can't keep spending half my games fighting with the tool rather than NPCs.

Help!

--Gix

Blog Entries
    Just remove half of the tokens from your Tokens folder and unshare any images that are no longer needed.
    It is 90% likely your Fantasy Grounds is exceeding the amount of memory it can access.
    It is generally a very easy fix.

What damned says.

Plus: Only open/activate the library modules you *really* need, and when you need them. The same applies for the player library modules - restrict player access to only the modules they need.

And, if you've added image/map files yourself - make sure they are less than 2048x2048 pixels in size.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

But. I want to use the 64 Gig of ram installed on my machine...

(More seriously, thank you for the replies. I'll try removing tokens, it's just way less efficient than having them available to search through)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gix View Post
    But. I want to use the 64 Gig of ram installed on my machine...

(More seriously, thank you for the replies. I'll try removing tokens, it's just way less efficient than having them available to search through)
    Create Token Modules

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As for the monitor issue, with my mac sometimes I would have to minimize the FG to the dock then click on it to bring the window back and/or you mission control to move it from one monitor to another until I was able to grab the window title bar or edge.

Thread Information