DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 21 First ... 1018192021 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dantedoom View Post
    Hey Trenloe. Mark Seifter answered a question about how weakness and resistances should work.

Just posting here to see if it could help you!

Mark Seifter, please explain it to me like I am 5 years old. How do resistance and weakness work against a weapon which deals multiple types of damage (like a weapon with cold iron, fire, good, and another good damage point from the paladin)?

Mark Seifter
    Let's say you attacked for 20 slashing damage on the dice plus your Strength (with a cold iron weapon, but the damage type is slashing), with a conditional bonus from your bard giving you 1 more damage, 21 slashing damage. You also have 3 fire damage from flaming, and 4 good damage from holy with an extra good damage from the paladin, so 5 good damage.

You are fighting a demon with weakness 10 cold iron, fire, and good.

You deal 31 slashing damage (21 + 10 weakness), 13 fire damage (3 + 10 weakness), and 15 good damage (5 + 10 weakness).

The reverse would be true if the creature had resistance to all damage. Incidentally, this makes the cleric domain power that creates an aura with a small amount of resist all for you and all your allies extremely good against attacks with multiple damage types. You can see Erik Keith's goblin paladin use it to great advantage in the youtube video where I ran a group through The Mirrored Moon, and several enemies dealt multiple types of damage.
    Thanks for that. It's just about what I'm thinking, but always good to see a detailed example to focus the thought process. Thanks!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Did a search and could not find anything about this so, sorry if it is a double post..

Madman

The first error was a doubleclick on INIT the second was dragging to the chat window
    and it does not roll from a DBLClick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by madman; October 21st, 2018 at 20:57.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Did a search and could not find anything about this so, sorry if it is a double post..

Madman

The first error was a doubleclick on INIT the second was dragging to the chat window
    Thanks for reporting.

This will only happen for rolling NPC initiative directly from the NPC sheet. This is quite rare - the auto rolling of Init when a NPC is added to the combat tracker still works.

Assigned bug ID 1.048. I've just fixed it in my dev code and it will be included in the next release.

Thanks again for reporting the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post

Madman

and it does not roll from a DBLClick
    This should be fixed in today's update. Ruleset release 3e.

Info on the release here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...3-October-2018

I don't know if you are able and/or allowed to answer this, but I'd like to have something clarified, if possible. When the final version of Pathfinder 2 releases next year, is the Fantasy Grounds version going to be a free ruleset with paid content, like 5e currently is, or is the ruleset going to have a cost as well, like Call of Cthulhu or Savage Worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Romualdo View Post
    I don't know if you are able and/or allowed to answer this, but I'd like to have something clarified, if possible. When the final version of Pathfinder 2 releases next year, is the Fantasy Grounds version going to be a free ruleset with paid content, like 5e currently is, or is the ruleset going to have a cost as well, like Call of Cthulhu or Savage Worlds?
    The PFRGP2 ruleset will be included with the FG license, similar to the current PFRPG ruleset, with paid content (Core rules, Bestiary, etc.) at launch. A few months after launch we will start to add OGL library data content.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The PFRGP2 ruleset will be included with the FG license, similar to the current PFRPG ruleset, with paid content (Core rules, Bestiary, etc.) at launch. A few months after launch we will start to add OGL library data content.
    Oh, that's great! Thanks for the response, I can't wait to buy FG Ultimate when I'm able to. I would suggest that you make that a little more clear in the initial post though, "We hope you'll consider buying the official version once it releases in 2019." really suggests that the ruleset itself is going to be paid DLC. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal, but for people that live in underdeveloped countries with a devalued currency like me, 10-15 extra dollars can be very meaningful when choosing to buy a product.

Anyways, continue with your great work, Trenloe and FG Staff in general.

Will it actually be released at the same time as PF2e's release in print, or sometime after? I know SF is staggered, its ruleset didn't release until a few months later.

Quote Originally Posted by shadelon View Post
    Will it actually be released at the same time as PF2e's release in print, or sometime after?
    The plan is to have it available at the time of the official Paizo release.

The plan is to have it available at the time of the official Paizo release.
    Thank you! You sir are a god. Keep up the awesome work!

Thread Information