DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 19 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmission89 View Post
    Just a general fantasy ground question but related. If I download the Alpha of this lovely work (thank you very much btw!!) and enter data, when you release the beta and final, will I have to re enter the data again or is it just the module I will overwrite?

Many thanks, keep up the good work
    Evening, Transmission89!

.......Considering the amount of changes that are still to be done, you will most likely have to re-enter the data. Apologies for this inconvenience. If you would like, please feel free to message me and I can quickly do it for you to ensure the process goes over smoothly. Take care and I hope this clarifies!

Regards,
    CatoTheFirstElder

Thank you for your reply. There’s no need to apologise! I can see a lot of work and passion has gone into this project and understand that it’s still a work in progress. Keep up the fantastic work!

Yup, I figured as much myself. Can someone help me figure out what is the cubicle 7 eula on this? I read too much legal banter at work to get into this in my free time. I want to know whether after the ruleset is done it would be legal to publish a module with statistics entered for the NPCs, I am aware that names and fluff are likely copyrighted and cannot be spread around, but labelling the entries with like page numbers or something, could that fly? Asking as I will be making one for my personal use so would love to know if I can share it. I know NPCs are not yet done and no pressure on that, if someone wants it I will likely have a module with the bestiary entered in some way shape or form into the thing by the weekend, so far I am simply labeling the attribute with a number and adding a 1d100 roll, I got to calculate success myself but that is simple math .
    PS
    A suggestion, as cool as having movement and wounds auto calculate based on named race, would it be hard to make it so it can be edited for homebrew races when the race name is not recognised? or at least enabling that ctrl+ mouse wheel adjustment some rulesets have for them? I might be in the minority, but that while cool always felt a bit cumbersome to me. Then again i make inordinate amounts of homebrew and the first campaign I am running in this edition has my players being Norscans, (I am converting some 2e stuff, and some 2e homebrew)

Anyways, no pressure and have a good one everyone, thanks again Cato, Tzeench blessed you well to be able to wrap your head around ruleset development.

Blog Entries
    NPC statblocks cannot be copyrighted.
    NPC names can be.
    And fluff text is.

I would suggest that there is a very high likelihood that there will be a commercial reference manual etc available for this down the track - by Cato.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOaddicted View Post
    Yup, I figured as much myself. Can someone help me figure out what is the cubicle 7 eula on this? I read too much legal banter at work to get into this in my free time. I want to know whether after the ruleset is done it would be legal to publish a module with statistics entered for the NPCs, I am aware that names and fluff are likely copyrighted and cannot be spread around, but labelling the entries with like page numbers or something, could that fly? Asking as I will be making one for my personal use so would love to know if I can share it. I know NPCs are not yet done and no pressure on that, if someone wants it I will likely have a module with the bestiary entered in some way shape or form into the thing by the weekend, so far I am simply labeling the attribute with a number and adding a 1d100 roll, I got to calculate success myself but that is simple math .
    PS
    A suggestion, as cool as having movement and wounds auto calculate based on named race, would it be hard to make it so it can be edited for homebrew races when the race name is not recognised? or at least enabling that ctrl+ mouse wheel adjustment some rulesets have for them? I might be in the minority, but that while cool always felt a bit cumbersome to me. Then again i make inordinate amounts of homebrew and the first campaign I am running in this edition has my players being Norscans, (I am converting some 2e stuff, and some 2e homebrew)

Anyways, no pressure and have a good one everyone, thanks again Cato, Tzeench blessed you well to be able to wrap your head around ruleset development.
    Afternoon, MMOaddicted!

.......First off, considering a module/reference manual, I am currently working on a personal one just of my use. Hopefully, if all goes well, I will be able to work out a situation where Cubicle7 and Smiteworks could approve it as a valid commercial product. Anyhow, regarding custom user entry for pc movement and wounds, that is definitely achievable and I will make sure to include that feature in my next alpha release. Till then, take care!

Regards,
    CatoTheFirstElder
    Last edited by CatoThe1stElder; October 31st, 2018 at 00:18.

Knowing that this ruleset in on the works makes me very happy.
    I look forward to seeing it released.

Stellar job, the alpha version looks sleek and seems to have places for every counter we could wish for. Now if just my dang collector's edition rulebook were to turn up... Any day now.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Just purchased a pdf of the ruleset so I can't wait to try this mod, thanks so much!!

Sorry but is it my system but i can't see the progress pictures!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin2301 View Post
    Sorry but is it my system but i can't see the progress pictures!
    The only pics are in Post 1 and Post 22.

Thread Information