DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 19 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    I hope this progresses to completion. I own the ruleset and would love to run it in FG since I no longer have local friends that can play.

It's so cool than Paul want to continue this work! Keep doing the good work masters!

Hey all, just pinging the thread to see if there is anything I can do to assist and if there is an update? I'd love to get my hands on even the alpha version and do have some time to try to help move the project along. I picked up the hardcover last week and my TTRPG group (who played 1E many years ago) are excited to revisit the Reikland.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoghast
    Hey all, just pinging the thread to see if there is anything I can do to assist and if there is an update? I'd love to get my hands on even the alpha version and do have some time to try to help move the project along. I picked up the hardcover last week and my TTRPG group (who played 1E many years ago) are excited to revisit the Reikland.
    The ruleset is halted and files are taken down. Either Cubicle 7/GW forbade and/or official one is in the works.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I thought the whole idea was taht they can't forbid anyone making a ruleset, so long as you arent disseminating content of the books itself? Game mechanics can't be copyrighted, no?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    The ruleset is halted and files are taken down. Either Cubicle 7/GW forbade and/or official one is in the works.
    The Author has stopped working on this.
    The project is not dead - but it may be too soon to discuss it...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    I thought the whole idea was taht they can't forbid anyone making a ruleset, so long as you arent disseminating content of the books itself? Game mechanics can't be copyrighted, no?
    In the US this is true. Game Mechanics are not protected.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The Author has stopped working on this.
    The project is not dead - but it may be too soon to discuss it...
    Do you know more on the topic, or you speculate like me?
    I said halt, because I believe the motivation of the developer was obliterated by some behind-the-scene conversation with the license owners (there were hints for such at some point?) or some coding issue that prevented his to go further.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Do you know more on the topic, or you speculate like me?
    I said halt, because I believe the motivation of the developer was obliterated by some behind-the-scene conversation with the license owners (there were hints for such at some point?) or some coding issue that prevented his to go further.
    To the best of my knowledge there was a change in priorities/direction by the initial dev and the torch has been passed to another...

I think Paul said something that he will check it. But yes, sometimes life sneak attacks you.

Thread Information