DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Era Mismatch

Era Mismatch

I have confused my campaign. I made a change to a module for the players to use and now the subskills are gone. I think this is related to the era based on past experiences. When i look at it as a player the era shows as 1920s but when I look on the GM side I see it set to the proper era and the sub skills showing up.

I was trying to load the era and related materials in with the module but that appears to not work maybe?

I'm just at a loss what to try. I got an error message that I added to a related thread which to the best of my deduction magically worked itself out for me but not for the players.

Possibly related, when I was trying to figure it out through no, intentional, action of my own all the 1920s skillset was added into the campaign db file.

Blog Entries
    I havent seen this before.
    Try look at the campaignregistry.lua file in your campaign folder.
    Make a copy first and then try and delete this entry and then reselect it in game.
    ["OptERA"] = "era.id-modern",

I took a look at the CampaignRegistry.lua. It was set to the custom era I set. ["OptERA"] = "era.id-fallofdunai",

Seeing that I took a look at the db.xml for the campaign and the client/common xml files from the module. Could it be an issue with both documents having the era set to the same name? <id-fallofdunai>
    The name is diferent <name type="string">New Age</name> compared to <name type="string">New Age 266</name>.

That did not work. Though I did notice something after i changed the name of the era on my db.xml. For my hosting machine the era from the db.xml works while the common.xml era does not despite being the same text.

For now I can leave the era in the db.xml. Is there a way to store the era information within a module for use or do eras have to be extensions?

Quote Originally Posted by flekhabren View Post
    That did not work. Though I did notice something after i changed the name of the era on my db.xml. For my hosting machine the era from the db.xml works while the common.xml era does not despite being the same text.

For now I can leave the era in the db.xml. Is there a way to store the era information within a module for use or do eras have to be extensions?
    I'm not sure I understand what you need, but Eras and Skills can be exported to a module using the standard "/export" command.

The big issue is that players subskills aren't showing for them, only for me the GM.

Secondary to that is if there is an issue running eras from a module the player has to load.

This issue came up when I tried to move from a campaign located era to a module located era

through a series of steps I think I found the problem. the era did not have <public /> in the record entry.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flekhabren View Post
    through a series of steps I think I found the problem. the era did not have <public /> in the record entry.
    Well done flekhabren

Thread Information