DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf411 View Post
    I'm frankly kinda shocked that this isn't already available. I just took the dive into this program and went heavily in, getting the Essentials pack, Unlimited, and Ghosts of Saltmarsh. I was typing up the Artificer into Fantasy Grounds as I have a gnome that is going to play one and things were going pretty well. There is some oddness where you can't edit the text/bold/etc to get it to look like some of the ways they have set up things from the Player's handbook but nothing too bad. However, I'm sad this isn't something they have worked on considering when I look up this in google I get people talking about it for years before now.
    Open the spells list and create a new group called Artificer Spells. Copy the spells you need and drag them into that group. If you need to create any spells create those inside your group. Export the spells as a shared module. You won't be able to link this to the class or anything but it will enable the player to filter the list by level etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm pretty much a novice to all things Fantasy Grounds but I think there is a method to basically achieve what you are asking for. Someone else posted this on a board for working with subclasses.

Create a 0-level Feature in your class called "Classname Spells"
    Open up and edit that Feature creating headers for your class levels.
    Drag and drop each spell onto the list in its proper place.

Now open your Spellcasting Feature for that class and drag the 0-level Feature into it as a link.

Now when they open their Spellcasting feature they have access to the link. Since its 0-level it appears it will never be assigned to any PC unless used as a link somewhere.

2 draw backs, again I'm a novice here, you might not be able to get the nice black banded headers and the white/grey shaded alternating lines that make it easier to read. And two you have to make sure and go back and update this 0-level Feature anytime you add or remove a spell, where altering the source of any spell and using the spell sort/filter options will always be up to date.

Hi, I have not read this thread completely but it is very easy to use a Story entry here. Clone your class and re-name to the desired new class. At the bottom is the link to the spells list. Create a new story item and drag and drop your spells to this window in order. Then edit the Class entry by backspacing over the current spell list entry at the bottom to erase it, hit the enter once to get a new blank line and drag and drop your story entry in. Because it is a link you can update the story and it will update in the Class link as well. Quick and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Laergulon View Post
    Hi, I have not read this thread completely but it is very easy to use a Story entry here. Clone your class and re-name to the desired new class. At the bottom is the link to the spells list. Create a new story item and drag and drop your spells to this window in order. Then edit the Class entry by backspacing over the current spell list entry at the bottom to erase it, hit the enter once to get a new blank line and drag and drop your story entry in. Because it is a link you can update the story and it will update in the Class link as well. Quick and easy.
    This is a rather old thread and you can create spells lists within Unity now; see video thirty five here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This is a rather old thread and you can create spells lists within Unity now; see video thirty five here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    Yes, just passing by and saw it today. Thanks, this will be helpful.

Thread Information