DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How to create a spell list for a home brew class?

Within FG can you create a spell list for a homebrew class? If yes, then a little explaination would be useful. I have attached a screenshot below for a more exact refrence for what I would like to accomplish. The screenshot is from the wizard class pack. I am trying to create a class pack module for the Swordmage class. Everything seems to be working fine in just the OG UI, but I'm unable to create a spell list. I don't need to create any homebrew spells, just a spell list for this class of already existing spells.

Screenshot.jpg
    Last edited by mostcallmetim; July 22nd, 2018 at 15:29.

I think you can achieve this by editing the spells that you want and adding the class to the list at the bottom where it says source and then exporting to a module. When opened in a campaign you can then filter the spells by source and only see the ones from the class you want.

Otherwise you would need to create the spell list in the XML, I think. But you can't get a spell list like it appears in the PHB library list by creating it in FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes Damned I have seen Zacchaues videos they are awesome. Unfortunitely the class he creates in the video doesn't go over creating a spell list for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think you can achieve this by editing the spells that you want and adding the class to the list at the bottom where it says source and then exporting to a module. When opened in a campaign you can then filter the spells by source and only see the ones from the class you want.

Otherwise you would need to create the spell list in the XML, I think. But you can't get a spell list like it appears in the PHB library list by creating it in FG.
    This method does work as you explained. I am able to add Swordmage as a spell source and then filter by Swordmage spells. So I guess that is fine, but if you look at my screenshot, Attachment 24049

You can see the other classes under "features" have a link to spellcasting, then to spells, and so within each class you have a nice list of all the spells for just that class. The adding a source works, but it's not as neatly organized compared to "actual" modules such as the PHB or Class Packs etc.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a feature to add to the wishlist if it isn't already there; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm frankly kinda shocked that this isn't already available. I just took the dive into this program and went heavily in, getting the Essentials pack, Unlimited, and Ghosts of Saltmarsh. I was typing up the Artificer into Fantasy Grounds as I have a gnome that is going to play one and things were going pretty well. There is some oddness where you can't edit the text/bold/etc to get it to look like some of the ways they have set up things from the Player's handbook but nothing too bad. However, I'm sad this isn't something they have worked on considering when I look up this in google I get people talking about it for years before now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywolf411 View Post
    I'm frankly kinda shocked that this isn't already available. I just took the dive into this program and went heavily in, getting the Essentials pack, Unlimited, and Ghosts of Saltmarsh. I was typing up the Artificer into Fantasy Grounds as I have a gnome that is going to play one and things were going pretty well. There is some oddness where you can't edit the text/bold/etc to get it to look like some of the ways they have set up things from the Player's handbook but nothing too bad. However, I'm sad this isn't something they have worked on considering when I look up this in google I get people talking about it for years before now.
    Welcome to the forums

Well, given that I'm pretty sure no one has even added it to the wishlist, seems like not too many people are interested in the capability. In the meantime (since this post was started), FG has had a couple of major release updates, has had major developmental progress on FGU, brought on board nearly half a dozen new rulesets, and probably dozens of new DLC content.

I admit this would be a nice functionality, but the FG team is limited and they have to prioritize. If no one is interested enough to even add this to the wishlist... not surprising it hasn't been implemented.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you LordEntrails, and I realize they are busy, just marking my surprise, as I was a bit.

I have added it to the wishlist so we'll see. Looking forward to see all the UI changes and improvements with FGU.

Blog Entries
    FYI, the wishlist item is here; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=126414

Thread Information