5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP 4-5 Players Fri 6pm EST 5E

LFP 4-5 Players Fri 6pm EST 5E

FG License: Ultimate, with all the 5e books, so all players really need is the free version.
    Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: EST (PA, USA)
    Day of week and time: Fridays, 6pm.
    Planned start date: Soon.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 to 6 hours, twice a month.
    Term: Long

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: Up to the players

Number of Players in game & needed: at least 4, no more than 5.

Character starting level & equipment: 3rd level, standard equipment.

Character restrictions: Published material only, no unearthed arcana.

Details of your scenario: I'd like to run a fairy-tale style game with players who are either new to the game, or new to me. The game will take place in my homebrew setting, Bretonia, which hosts other games that I run in person.

The world of Bretonia is a medieval fantasy setting in the style of medieval fantasies such as King Arthur, Reynard the Fox, Robin Hood, and other tales. Otherworldly creatures, uncommon magic, distant gods, and rare dangerous creatures come together with gallant knights, crafty sorcerers, dashing rogues, and raging berserkers to form a world full of mystery, adventure, and thrilling daring-do. With non-western cultures represented by the racial cultures of D&D’s races. More information on the homebrew setting is available in a wiki for players.

What do you expect from players as a GM?

I expect punctuality, and an eagerness to have fun.

I don't want to know your character concepts or anything like that just yet. What I want to know is, what do you, as a player, enjoy most about playing the game? What is your kind of fun?

Let me know your answer if you're interested.
    Last edited by Jiminy; July 21st, 2018 at 21:09.

Your setting sounds right up my alley. I’m a big fan of lower fantasy Arthurian style settings. I like magic items to be special and memorable vs plentiful. I also really enjoy flawed characters. Something Arthurian style games lend themselves to.

A bit about me, I’ve been gaming since the late 80s. I started with 2nd Edition Ad&d following a brief stint in d&d. I’ve played every edition since, excepting 4th. I also have experience with several other systems. I generally prefer a 60-70/30-40 split roleplay to combat.

The only major hitch I see has to do with scheduling. I do shift work, so depending on which fridays you plan on running, it would affect my ability to attend. My schedule essentially alternates each week, and this is fairly predictable.

I'm interested in playing. I'm looking for a 5e game to actually learn it better.
    I'm a veteran player, started with AD&D and played each edition prior to 5e.

As for FG, I to have the Ultimate license. I also have access to a majority of all 5e books.
    Everybody lies...
    -Dr. Gregory House, HOUSE MD-

Urge to destroy world, rising...
    -Black Mage, 8-Bit Theater-

Czarisyn, what do you as a player enjoy about the game? What is your kind of fun?

Hey Jiminy, looks good to me how is the player hunt going? I'm a old school player, and have a full license, most books as well, just curious is your group going to meet every Friday or every other Friday? How many players do you still need?

I have fun with pretty much any aspects of role-playing. Being a part of a good story as it unfolds, fighting in epic battles whether it be against a large armor or a giant foe, exploring the world searching for treasure, using words rather than blades, and trying out ideas that have the potential to work but still gives everyone the "WTF are you doing?" reaction.
    Everybody lies...
    -Dr. Gregory House, HOUSE MD-

Urge to destroy world, rising...
    -Black Mage, 8-Bit Theater-

Quote Originally Posted by Troy4230 View Post
    Hey Jiminy, looks good to me how is the player hunt going? I'm a old school player, and have a full license, most books as well, just curious is your group going to meet every Friday or every other Friday? How many players do you still need?
    Hey man. The hunt is going well I think. But, yes, we're still looking for players. The idea is to meet every other friday, as a twice a month kind of thing.

Hey, I've played before but it's been a while. You still accepting players? I'm interested.

If you are still looking I would like to join in as well. I am 47, been playing D&D since the 80's and just returned to the game regularly after discovering FG. Like a good amount of RP. I have FG ultimate, discord and syrinscape with some FG experience as a player (will likely DM in the future, probably for 5E and Starfinder). I Like playing most any class and am happy to take whatever roll the party needs.

Hi, I'm interested in an every other Friday campaign. Hopefully I can still fill out a player opening.

As for what I enjoy in playing the game; I enjoy the storytelling and problem solving the most. The mix of role playing and combat are secondary, which you've established in the overview, and usually come naturally within the game.

Thread Information