FG Spreadshirt Swag

LFP DnD 5E New DM looking for patient dependable players for morning sessions (GMT)

Game: D&D 5e
    Group preferred: Online
    Experience: New DM, player experience does not matter, newbie and veterans welcome
    Location/Timezone: GMT+1 / CEST
    Availability: mornings, noon
    Preferred role: DM
    Game style: Personally I am a patient roleplayer who likes to delve into personal relationships of the various characters in a given story. Combat has its place and certainly is at the basis of the greater than life achievements of the party, but I usually shy away from the purely hack and slash campaigns. They feel shallow and I feel computer games do a better job there.

I am a new DM so I require my players to be patient, considering and friendly. These are the prime ingredients for having a great time with eachother. We all do this to have a jolly good time, so be respectful and avoid unnecessary drama (save while roleplaying of course!).

Accents are not to be made fun of, unless it is while roleplaying and intended so. Mispronounciations are not to be made fun of either. There are lots of ways to pronounce fantasy names, locations and items. As long as we all know what we are talking about I don’t care if its said as potaito or

I am a dad as well as a gamer, so time always is at a premium. However, my youngest will start elementary school next year around April and that will free up the mornings again for playing DnD!

I do have an irregular schedule in the aviation branch, so I will not be able to commit to fixed days. (Very important!)

My idea is to start prepping for the eventual kickoff of a proper campaign by gathering players. Getting to know eachother, getting a feel for preferences at the table, played race and class and start with some premade adventures right now. These sessions will not be played in the morning yet and have to be scheduled ad-hoc due to my work, but if you are the patient type we can already start introducing eachother in the group and have fun right now!

I’ll get some time to practise the art of being a DM with your help, so when the time comes we can start a proper campaign and be familiar with eachother already. The added benefit is that if you feel the group, the dm or the game isn’t a good fit for you, nothing massive has been invested yet.

My plan is to use Fantasy Grounds as the virtual tabletop. I own an Ultimate license so no cost involved for my players. Microsoft OneNote will be a supporting piece of software, which is free to use as well.

I personally also use Realm Works for campaign management, but I doubt my players will have any use of it at this point.

So, who dares to take the plunge with me?
    Last edited by Yskonyn; July 19th, 2018 at 14:35.
    Ultimate License Holder
    GMT+1 timezone

Game: D&D 5e
    Group preferred: Online
    Experience: Veteran Role Player, Novice at Fantasy Ground matter, newbie and veterans welcome
    Location/Timezone: GMT -6
    Availability: mornings, noon
    Preferred role: DM
    Game style: Roll Player, I favor a healing class 70/30 role play to combat

I would love to be a player in your new campaign. I am experienced role player but fairly new to fantasy ground. Most Mornings work for me,
    Last edited by Texorcist50; July 19th, 2018 at 03:07.

Hello,

I am looking to join an Out of the Abyss campaign or possibly Curse of Strahd or Waterdeep/Undermountain. Is this what you are proposing after some basic familiarization games? I apologize if my question is stupid lol.

@Thedogfood I have PM-ed you.

@Cyberknight13 unfortunately I have little sight on what the campaign will involve, but it likely won't be a pure off-the-shelf setting. Thanks for showing interest and dropping a note, however!
    Ultimate License Holder
    GMT+1 timezone

Hello, i am new to D&D and FG but very interested to learn, i would like to join a group to learn and play.

I am also GMT+1 and i have free mornings.

I would be very interested. The time is perfect for me.

I am closing this thread for now. It seems like we have filled the group quickly.
    If we need additional players I'll put down a request here.

Thanks a lot everyone!
    Ultimate License Holder
    GMT+1 timezone

Thread Information