STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Missing 5e Trap items in FG Classic

I'm using the latest FG Classic. I purchased a license under BattyMcBatface*and bought a number of D&D books as seen below. I use to get many traps when I searched for "trap" in the Items window (such as Spiked Pit Trap) but now I only receive the ones attached.*

Is there a settings issue?* A file corruption?* I know FG has updated since the issue started, so maybe it was a bug in a recent update. I tried going back to earlier backups of the main data files after I noticed this issue but that didn't help, though maybe the issue occurred before then.* I worry other purchased items are also not showing up.

I *could have sworn there used to be more traps available from these modules beyond these few when you type in trap as I was excited to use them later. I’ve tried lots of searches and found nothing but these.*

One I know for certain that use to exist was Spiked Pit Trap as it’s embedded in my story campaign from some months ago. Picture is below but it’s not to be found now unless I click the old embedded item.*

I also tried loading in every module on my module screen whether it made sense or not and still no luck. Maybe you can investigate if there’s a bug?* Anyone have any idea what module spiked pit trap comes from or how to fix?* I emailed support and the response was basically "I don't know."

Is this a bug? Or a way to repair the modules or reindex the search database or something?
    Attached Images Attached Images

DMGReference.jpg This is where I typically go to find the pre-built traps (edit: in the 5e DMG).

Indeed, in the core books you'll find traps in the DMG under NPCs. Almost every adventure will also have a number of traps and there are others in some of the other books such as Xanathar's Guide.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Your screen shot shows you are looking under Items, look in NPCd as Mr Z says.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Indeed, in the core books you'll find traps in the DMG under NPCs. Almost every adventure will also have a number of traps and there are others in some of the other books such as Xanathar's Guide.
    Wow, thanks! I didn't realize traps were sometimes items and sometimes characters. Not very intuitive, but that explains why I couldn't find many of them.

Blog Entries
    Hunting traps are items because their are effectively proficiency tool kits. They aren't actually things that do damage etc (If I remember correctly, they do not have combat/attack actions/stats.) Spiked traps have combat actions that you will want to use as attack options, so they are NPCs, otherwise you would have to manually do all the attacks/actions.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by DMBattyMcBatface View Post
    Wow, thanks! I didn't realize traps were sometimes items and sometimes characters. Not very intuitive, but that explains why I couldn't find many of them.
    Traps are always created as NPCs.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Don't know if this a bug, but in Xanathar's Guide Example Simple Traps, the List: Traps at the bottom just opens up a blank NPC page. The traps are there, but you have to change Group etc. The list for Complex Traps works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Don't know if this a bug, but in Xanathar's Guide Example Simple Traps, the List: Traps at the bottom just opens up a blank NPC page. The traps are there, but you have to change Group etc. The list for Complex Traps works.
    Not sure I get what you mean. In the NPC list if I type in Trap I get them all; if I list by complex then I get all the complex traps; if I list by simple I get all the simple traps.

I'm getting a blank NPC window. Nothing showing

Thread Information