DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Quicker way to update an Existing Module?

Is there a way to update an existing module utilizing the Export Module feature from within Fantasy Grounds? Currently I drag and drop each individual item I have created into the export window. When I save...it over rights the module and all data from the unfinished module is wiped away replaced with only the objects I most recently exported.

No. The best way to do this is to use a module development campaign, which only includes the data for your module. Then, you can load up and edit the module campaign, re-export, then return to your play campaign to use the updated module.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    When you export from your Devl campaign, you have to re-export everything. Think of it as instead of updating a current module, you are creating a completing new version of it, so the new version only includes what you have exported this time.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yikes. I definitley like coding from notepad++ way more then. Thanks guys.

Blog Entries
    Well, remember, when you are modifying your dev campaign, you are modifying the db.xml for the campaign, not the db.xml inside the module zip file. So if you remember what you are modifying, ti makes sense.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information