DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP: 5E Out of the Abyss Campaign Weekly Saturday 9 AM CDT, -5 UMT

All current positions are filled.

Out of the Abyss

FG License: GM has Standard, will need standard to play
    Game System: 5e D&D Out of the Abyss
    Time Zone: Central Standard Time 9:00 AM (UMT -5)
    Day of week and time: Saturdays
    If new game, planned start date: Early August
    Planned Duration & Frequency: About 3 hours each session
    Term: Indefinite
    Text or Voice: Discord
    Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 but will watch for what the players enjoy
    Number of Players in game & needed: Will take 2 to 4 players; Have 2 already (Sorcerer, Thief)
    Character starting level & equipment: Will start at 2nd Level, Standard build equipment
    Character restrictions: No specific restrictions, but I reserve the right of refusal if imbalanced

Character Creation:

Players will roll up their characters with me. Rolling up will consist of 4d6 drop the lowest, which will then be assigned to each ability at your discretion.

At least 2 of the 6 rolls will be 15+, else you can re-roll all 6 abilities; Alternatively, you can choose to re-roll any 1 ability roll, but must take the result of this second attempt (again, 4d6 drop lowest).

I believe that it is the cooperative effort in creating an original and personal story that separates role play games from other forms of entertainment. It is the unfolding of a unique story, the escape of playing and thinking like another being with unique experiences and challenges that makes this experience really come alive and makes it worth the investment in time.

I have already spent countless hours preparing for this campaign and plan on spending countless more. I don’t think it is too much to anticipate players to be willing to invest a reasonable amount of time in preparing their part of the adventure.

My expectations:

Make the effort to really develop an interesting character, including motivations, flaws, formative experiences. As part of character creation, please feel free to include a minor magic trinket/item that has great personal significance to your character. https://dmsworkshop.com/2018/05/18/h...ter-backstory/
    Intimately know your character/class and character abilities (refresh your memory between sessions if necessary)
    Think ahead. Be prepared to act at the beginning of your turn to keep combat engaging and avoid the long, unnecessarily drawn out fights
    Real life will sometimes get in the way (I have a job and a family and things come up), but make it a priority to be available at scheduled sessions

I don’t have any specific character restrictions, but I reserve the right to change my mind if unbalanced. We will try to stick to the rules as written for the most part.

I’m really excited about this campaign. I think it is a relatively unique concept, and I think it will be difficult, but rewarding. As a DM, I believe my responsibility is to provide challenging but solvable opportunities and interesting storylines. I will not intentionally try to set up the party to wipe out, but this is a dangerous world and death happens all the time. Evaluate each situation, try to make wise choices, and learn to assess when it is time to fight and when it might be more prudent to flee. You might consider praying to the Dice Gods, those fickle heralds of chance that can turn the best laid plans into your worst nightmares. But that's what makes it so fun

Please direct message me if you are interested in joining our campaign. Feel free to respond to this thread to express interest or share basics about your character, but don't give too many details. The reveal in the game is part of the experience.
    Last edited by Wilddingo27; January 20th, 2019 at 03:21. Reason: All positions filled

Howdy. Sending you a PM. Interested in possibly joining up.

Group is coming together nicely. Rogue, sorcerer, paladin, and monk. Still room for 1 to 2 more if there is interest.

May I join? I've never player a tabletop RPG before but I would like to start with you.

Hello, I may be interested. I am new to FG but have an Ultimate License with all the D&D 5e material. I can play some one shot games before the campaign starts to get some experience with the software. I have been watching some videos on how to use it and playing around with it on my own so I have basic familiarity and I’m an A+ certified geek so that helps lol. I have been playing D&D for about 25 years now and 5e since the play test days. I do have RPGA/AL experience as well. I haven’t decided on a character yet but I would consider party needs. The time you are planning on playing would be perfect for me and I have Discord as well. I’ll PM you tomorrow after I make sure my wife would be cool with the day/time. Thank you!

Well crap, I just saw you are full up.

So we have been working through this campaign and it has been a lot of fun. We have recently lost one of our party members to real life conflicts, and are now looking to add 1 or 2 more players. Pretty even split of roll play and combat thus far. Party is currently in Gracklstugh. Direct Message me if you are interested in joining the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilddingo27 View Post
    So we have been working through this campaign and it has been a lot of fun. We have recently lost one of our party members to real life conflicts, and are now looking to add 1 or 2 more players. Pretty even split of roll play and combat thus far. Party is currently in Gracklstugh. Direct Message me if you are interested in joining the campaign.
    I have to highly praise Dingo as a fantastic DM and encourage any interested folks to sign up and join our crazy band.

We're not far along in the campaign as far as I can tell and Dingo's managed to find a great way of handling the NPCs.

The RP I've gotten in the group has been some of the best I've had in a while. You will not be disappointed.

Howdy if you are still needing one or two folks to game Saturday mornings I'd be up for some of that. I'm pretty new to FG but I have a long history with 3.5 and pathfinder at the table. I run a 5e game with some local folks but do not get a lot of chances to just play. That time is not too bad for me but I do have a disclaimer that occasionally my 6 year old will be around later in the session and I may have to afk briefly to get her situated, but she is fairly self sufficient these days and is often not home anyway. Just a standard family aggro statement. Hope to hear from you all!

Thanks,

Cal

I'd be interested as well if space was available.

Hi,

I would be interested as well if there is still room.

Thread Information