5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Gallowglass Prestige Class

Hello fellow gaming enthusiests. I once saw a prestige class in Sword and Sorcery's Advanced Player's Guide. It intrigued me. I remember the jist of what that character type is about and am interested in placing him in one of my dungeons right in front of the entrance to the tunnel to the adventure goal.
    One of you has this book. I cannot find an online source for that prestige class anywhere. I find plenty of people selling the whole book,which I cannot afford. I find short descriptions of it but not the whole class description itself.
    If any of you have that could I trouble you to scan it and forward it to me? Or, type it up and send it? or post it here so everyone else can use it too? I would really appreciate it.
    Why would I need a Gallowglass in my campaign? Well let me describe one of my players to you. He started out as a Barbarian Half Orc with an 18 Strength racially modified to 20. At every ability increase he places another point in it. He then began to level as a cleric of Gruumsh. He chose War and Strength as his Domains. He also chose to be able to brew potions and instant rage. Now by 4th Level he can spend one round popping potions to bulls strength and enlarge person. Next round he rages and uses his deities domain power to perform a feat of strength so at 4th level he was acheiving a strength score of ( 21 ability +4 Rage +4 Bulls Strength +2 Size Bonus from Enlarge Person +8 Feat of strength for a grand total of 39 and he weilded a two handed weapon. He weilds a mercurial greatsword 2 D8 x4 (slashing which can be imbued with Keen which he cannot afford....yet) He weilds it at +14 strength bonus x 1.2 +21 to attack and damage on top of his base attack bonus of +3 so +24 2 D 8 +21 for a minimum damage of <<<23>>>
    At higher levels he plans on taking brutal throw to take advantage of Gruumsh's weapon focus spear in throwing it. And of course power attack, cleave, great cleave.
    I need a character that can stand up to him and If I'm not mistaken Gallowglass is all about standing up to guys like this. So please post the Gallowglass Class here or send me a scanned copy of the page I'm at [email protected] Thanks.
    [/COLOR"]There's Too Much Blood In My Caffeinne!

Strength domain

I don't have the books in front of me but my memory says that the feat of strength from the strength domain has to be non combat.

Sigurd

I have the APG. Not with me at the moment. I am not certain, but is the information you are requesting open game?

Tam

Open Game?

I know it's d20 so it must be part of the Open Gaming License if that's what you mean. I am not sure what else you could mean. Sword and Sorcery would probably rather that I went ahead and paid for the book but I've flipped through it and besided the gallowglass prestige class I don't need anything out of it right now. If you could help me out I would appreiciate it.

Also I checked up on the cleric's feat of strength and as far as I can tell it doesn't have to be used for non-combat stuff. HOWever Bull's Strength Doesn't stack with it since they are both enhancement bonuses to strength. It does stack with enlarge person's size bonus and rages inherent bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakard
    I know it's d20 so it must be part of the Open Gaming License if that's what you mean. I am not sure what else you could mean. Sword and Sorcery would probably rather that I went ahead and paid for the book but I've flipped through it and besided the gallowglass prestige class I don't need anything out of it right now. If you could help me out I would appreiciate it.

Also I checked up on the cleric's feat of strength and as far as I can tell it doesn't have to be used for non-combat stuff. HOWever Bull's Strength Doesn't stack with it since they are both enhancement bonuses to strength. It does stack with enlarge person's size bonus and rages inherent bonus.
    Just because something is d20 does not mean it is automatically OGC (Open Game Content). It will all depend on the book, and whether or not that class is protected by that books Product Identity.

IF it is OGC - chances are only the "crunchy" bits will be OGC, the class description and possibly even name may not be. If the book was produced using the d20 Licence and OGL - then the information as to whether or not the class is OGC will be present within the books copy of the OGL.

Hope that makes some sense :S

Sooooo...no Gallowglass Prestige Class post huh?

Thread Information