DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Generators Extension

Generators Extension

Overview
    This Extension expands upon the Fantasy Grounds built-in Tables capabilities, including advanced formatting, limited natural-language constructors, and synchronous subtable rolls.

Documentation
    The current version of the documentation is at this post of this thread.

Version
    See this post for a record of version features
    0.1 - Initial Creation
    The current version offers these features:
    Solves the asynchronous roll problem where multiple nested subtables would cause unpredictable results.
    * Tables can now do everything that story templates can do, including formatting of text within the constraints of FG text handling capabilities.
    * Includes the first version of natural language engine that can (semi)intelligently add an 'a' or 'an' article before a random item (e.g. 'a blue horse' vs. 'an orange horse') and pluralize multiple instances of an item (e.g. "4 horses" "1 horse" "2 swords" "1 sword")
    * You can control whether to cardinalize numerals (e.g. "4 horses" or "four horses") that the generator randomly rolls.
    * Adds the ability to invoke a random table or even chain table invocations (e.g. "The character is [a] [race] [<race>-sex]" will roll the sex on a customized race table, so if the xenomorph race has a third sex (or female dwarf adventurers are very rare, e.g.), it can handle that.
    * You can add common processing necessary before a table row in a 'foreword' to your table.
    * You can add common processing after a roll in an 'afterword' to your table.
    * You can use serial lists with commas (or any other punctuation) intelligently separating a variable number of items (and even include or omit the 'oxford' comma before the conjunction)
    * You can pack out blank space before or after a subtable roll, which is useful for name generators.
    * You can control the number of times a table rolls and even make the iterations random (e.g. a bolt case can hold d6 bolts randomly rolled on a bolt table)
    * The /rollon command now supports options to return a specific table row or to use a test mode that will return every row of the table as if they had been rolled.
    * You can import and/or export a generator (or table) or your entire library of generators/tables without the complexity of making a module.
    * Original tables feature is completely intact and separate, so the extension won't break anything you may have (like Trenloe's card extension).

Known Issues and Bug Listing
    See this post for a record of known issues and reported bugs

Feature Requests
    See this post for a list of planned features in the next revision, as well as requested features and my intentions regarding those requests.

Rulesets
    This Extension works with:
    CoreRPG Rulset v3.3.5+ and rulesets derived therefrom.

Dependencies
    This Extension has no dependencies.

Downloading The Extension
    Download at the end of this post.

Loading The Extension
    This extension is loaded exactly like all other Fantasy Grounds Extensions - by first copying the .ext file to the Extensions under the Fantasy Grounds folder and then re-starting Fantasy Grounds. If the extension is compatible with the currently installed version of a given ruleset it will be displayed in the extensions list for that ruleset and can be loaded by clicking on the checkbox next to the extensions name.

If the Extension has large red 'X' next to its name in the extension list then the extension or an extension that this one is dependent upon is not compatible with the chosen Ruleset. Make sure that you have downloaded and installed the latest copy of this extension.

When Fantasy Grounds Updates
    After a Fantasy Grounds version update you should verify that all extensions (not just this one) have been either updated themselves or verified by the Extension author that they work with the new version of Fantasy Grounds. If you have any issues with Fantasy Grounds after an update then it is best to disable all Extensions and then re-enable them one by one until the issue re-appears.

Thanks to Dulux-Oz for the general format of this extension posting.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bidmaron; July 8th, 2018 at 03:57.

Generators Extension Documentation

Purpose
    This post provides the current documentation for the Generators extension.

Versions
    0.1 - Initial Version

Known Issues with Documentation
    This version only covers the synchronous roll problem and the list of new features. I will update the docs as I have time.

Documentation Requests
    Post to this thread if you would like a correction or addition to the documentation. Below is a list of current requests and my intents:
    TBD

Downloading The Documentation
    I hope this works:
    The documentation is in my dropbox here.
    Last edited by Bidmaron; July 8th, 2018 at 04:05.

Generators Known Issues and Bugs

Purpose
    This post provides the known issues and bug reports for the Generators extension.

Known Issues
    The export icon used when marking tables for export is actually an import icon.
    When applying synchronous behavior to legacy tables, the chat and story output is not formatted in the same manner as the built-in Tables features.

Bugs
    TBD
    Last edited by Bidmaron; July 8th, 2018 at 03:04.

Generators Extension Feature Requests

Purpose
    This post lists Generators Extension features that I plan for the next version. It also includes features that users have requested and my intent for implementation (or not).

Features for Version 0.2
    Is/are, was/were processing Generator code can include {is/are} and {was/were} and the extension will intelligently select which of the two verb forms to use based on the subject
    Improved handling of singulars and plurals Recognition of forms such as goose/geese
    Improved a/an processing Increased sophistication of the selection of article form based on improved recognition of singular/plural forms
    New cardinalization option for non-textual output Numbers can be preserved in forms such as parcels
    New Notes output option Could be important if players were to have access to generators???
    CSV import option Will require external helper program I will provide
    Generator call parameters Ability to pass parameters to a generator
    Result frequencies Can create one or more lists of frequencies to use rather than numbers (e.g. 'Common' or 'Rare' instead of 1-3)

Requested Features
    TBD
    Last edited by Bidmaron; July 8th, 2018 at 03:31.

Generators Version History

Purpose
    This post provides a history of version features.

Versions
    0.1 Initial Beta Release - see first post for features

Bug Fixes
    TBD
    Last edited by Bidmaron; July 8th, 2018 at 03:36.

OK, my 3 month work project finally got finished, and I have some spare time again. I got back to my Generators extension, and I think it is ready for a Beta release. The documentation is very preliminary and only explains a small part of the functionality in the extension. Right now, I have to figure out how to place it in dropbox or something because it is too large to post here because of the screenshots within it.

Please post any bugs, feature requests, and documentation improvements to this thread.

I am sorry it took so long to complete this first version, but my job goes exponential every so often, as it has for the last 3 months.

I think I have the documentation now available in my dropbox linked in the documentation post #2 above. I would appreciate it if someone could confirm that it worked to download the docs.

Yes the dropbox link works!

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thanks, Madman!

I should add that this extension will be under active development for some time and, as such, there are a lot of bypassed debugging statements and a good deal of comments that make the extension larger than strictly necessary.

Thread Information