DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 12 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Eru the One View Post
    When I enabled the extension for the first time in my long running campaign I also had the same issue, but re-dropping the magic items fixed the problem.
    Re-dropping the items did it for me - thanks for the help!

What folder do we put it in to activate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn_Polamar View Post
    Same as any extension. Just unzip it into the Fantasy Grounds\extensions folder and then you can activate the extension when you load a campaign in 5E.

Got it. Thank you. I have a history with putting things in the wrong place.

Got it. Thank you. I have a history with putting things in the wrong place.
    Been there. Hope it works great for you.

No need to unzip, just copy the .ext file from post #1 into the <FG App Data>\extensions directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Several groups I am in tend to play with the option of Attunement = Proficiency Bonus. This is where you can Attune to the number items equal to your proficiency bonus, thus allowing the number of items you can attune to scale with you as you level.

Whilst I appreciate we can set the maximum number of attunement items in the options manually to be equal to the maximum for the highest PC, some PC's may be of a slightly lower level and thus have a different proficiency bonus. This means they could attune to more items than they should be able to.

Would it therefore be possible to add an additional option in the configuration menu to allow the GM to select a proficiency bonus option instead of a absolute number of items and then have it calculate the attunement items correctly based on the proficiency bonus?
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by ColinBuckler View Post
    Several groups I am in tend to play with the option of Attunement = Proficiency Bonus. This is where you can Attune to the number items equal to your proficiency bonus, thus allowing the number of items you can attune to scale with you as you level.

Whilst I appreciate we can set the maximum number of attunement items in the options manually to be equal to the maximum for the highest PC, some PC's may be of a slightly lower level and thus have a different proficiency bonus. This means they could attune to more items than they should be able to.

Would it therefore be possible to add an additional option in the configuration menu to allow the GM to select a proficiency bonus option instead of a absolute number of items and then have it calculate the attunement items correctly based on the proficiency bonus?
    Theoretically it should be possible, but the code is written for integer values right now. I'll dig into it as time allows to see if I can find the proficiency variables, or maybe someone else will jump on this to help again.

This extension is AWESOME. Very helpful and should be implemented in the software.

Sooooo... I deleted a attuned (checked) magical item from a character and it seems that it still count for the max limit. So with max set to 3, this specific character can only attune to 2 items and all other characters are fine.

I tried changing the max limit, unchecking and checking items, copying the character and nothing worked.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by caocbox View Post
    This extension is AWESOME. Very helpful and should be implemented in the software.

Sooooo... I deleted a attuned (checked) magical item from a character and it seems that it still count for the max limit. So with max set to 3, this specific character can only attune to 2 items and all other characters are fine.

I tried changing the max limit, unchecking and checking items, copying the character and nothing worked.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
    I was able to recreate your issue. It looks like it will require a code change to fix that bug. I'm brainstorming ways to deal with it. I hope to have a fix for you this weekend.

Thread Information