DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 13 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Looking for Hackmaster 5e - Ruleset - anyone create this or the charactersheets?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrow View Post
    Looking for Hackmaster 5e - Ruleset - anyone create this or the charactersheets?
    Not that I know of. But you might want to read this; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Systems-Offer

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Vampire the Dark Ages and Exalted 1st Ed rolls for MoreCore

I'm warning you, this is a really long post. Like, seriously long. Not for the faint of heart. :-) Whoa, in fact the Preview Post says it is 10877 characters long and it's longer than the maximum of 10000 characters, so I think I'll have to break this up...

You have been warned...

So last year we were playing Vampire: the Dark Ages and we found this old ruleset and its Dark Ages extension(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...uleset-for-FG3) on the forums here. It was fine for a while but after a while the die rolling stopped working, so that the resulting die rolls were no longer in the chat window, it was just broken, most likely after some update to FG and/or the underlying CoreRPG ruleset (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post449879). Then I discovered MoreCore and I thought well this stuff is golden, I can just code the kind of roll we houseruled and that's it. But it kind of got out of hand and I found myself typing away on my keyboard for days, sometimes late into the night to actually implement a character sheet, too, using the above mentioned Vampire ruleset and extension as a baseline. Our Vampire chronicle ended recently, but we are soon starting an Exalted 1st edition game and once again I went back to coding, because I couldn't get the Exalted roll built into MoreCore to work. So what you'll find below is:

• two new rolltypes added to MoreCore
    • a character sheet for Vampire: the Dark Ages as a MoreCore extension
    • a character sheet for Exalted 1st Edition as a MoreCore extension

Let's go through them one by one:

The /vda rolltype:
    Syntax: /vda #s# description
    This is not a totally by the book implementation of the official Vampire Dark Ages roll, it is a little bit houseruled. The above command will roll a number of d10s given before the "s" in the roll command against a target number given after the "s". The "description" can be anything. So for example "/vda 5s7 Manipulation" is a valid command, which will roll 5d10 against a target number of 7. If a target number above 10 or below 2 is given, then it is silently modified to 10 or 2 respectively. All rolled 10s are rerolled once and the rerolled dice are also compared to the target number. (But rerolled only once, so if you roll a 10 on a die and reroll it and it comes up as 10 again, that 10 is not rolled again). The rolled 1s are not going to reduce the number of successes, however if there are no successes and a 1 is rolled at least once then it is a botch. The result of the roll is reported into the chat window, successes are colored green, and 1s are colored red (but just for information, as I said above, they do not count against the number of successes). If a modifier is set on the modifier stack, it modifies the target number rolled against. So for example if you set a +2 modifier and then give the command "/vda 5s6 Manipulation", then it will compare the results against a target number of 8 (6 given in the command + 2 on the mod stack). If the description includes the word "Damage" anywhere in it, then for that roll, the rolled 10s are not rerolled. Mind the capital "D" at the beginning, it is important, so "damage" will not work, only "Damage".

The /rpexa rolltype
    Syntax: /rpexa #s# description
    The above command will roll a number of d10s given before the "s" in the roll command against a target number given after the "s". The "description" can be anything. So for example "/rpexa 5s7 Manipulation" is a valid command, which will roll 5d10 against a target number of 7. If a target number above 10 or below 2 is given, then it is silently modified to 10 or 2 respectively. All rolled 10s are counted as two successes. The rolled 1s are not going to reduce the number of successes, however if there are no successes and a 1 is rolled at least once then it is a botch. The result of the roll is reported into the chat window, successes are colored green, and 1s are colored red (but just for information, as I said above, they do not count against the number of successes). If a modifier is set on the modifier stack, it modifies the target number rolled against. So for example if you set a +2 modifier and then give the command "/rpexa 5s6 Manipulation", then it will compare the results against a target number of 8 (6 given in the command + 2 on the mod stack). If the description includes the word "Damage" anywhere in it, then for that roll, the rolled 10s will only count as one success. Mind the capital "D" at the beginning, it is important, so "damage" will not work, only "Damage". To my knowledge this is a perfect implementation of the official Exalted 1st edition roll, there are no houserules in it.

Vampire the Dark Ages and Exalted 1st Ed character sheets for MoreCore

So, with the rolltypes discussed, let's move on to the character sheets.

Please note, these character sheets are ugly, but functional. :-) Of course, I'm totally not saying that the original Vampire Dark Ages character sheet in the above linked ruleset on which I based all of this was ugly, just that my implementation is ugly. For example in the original version, you could actually fill in those little dots for your Attributes and Abilities, while in my version there are no fillable dots at all, just plain number fields. Functional? Yes. Ugly? Absolutely. :-)

Also please note, there are absolutely no automation on these character sheets. They are simply just a record for your character with some basic functionality that I'll describe below.

With that out of the way, let's see:

Vampire Dark Ages character sheet
    On the first page you can record your Attributes and Abilities. Simply write a number in the number fields next to the attribute or ability. For example if you have 3 dots in Occult, write the number 3 there. If you click on a number field twice, then it will roll that attribute or ability against a target number of 6. You can modify the target number with the modifier stack in the lower left corner of the screen. Next to each attribute and ability you'll find a radio button. If you click on it, it'll be colored red. This way you can select one attribute and one ability. Then if you double click twice on either the selected attribute or the selected ability, then it will roll a dice pool by adding the attribute and ability together. Target number is 6, but that can be modified with the modifier stack as usual. Next to each of the Physical Attributes is another number field. You can write there a number representing a Physical Augmentation (which you can do by spending Blood on a physical attribute). If there is a number other than 0 in that number field then any rolls involving that physical attribute will increase the dice pool by that many dice. There is an "End Scene" button. If you click it, that will reset all Physical Augmentations to 0, representing that at the end of a Scene, these augmentation dice go away.
    On the second page of the character sheet, you can also record five more Abilities, and these work the same way as the official ones listed on the first page. Also here, in the Weapons section, the Damage field is clickable, if you write a number there and double click it, then it will roll that many dice as a damage roll (so no rerolling of rolled 10s).
    All other pages of the character sheet is self explanatory I believe, the inventory page is a straight copy - paste from the MoreCore character sheet.

Exalted character sheet
    Basic functionality is the same as described above for the Vampire character sheet, so you can also choose an Attribute + Ability and then you can roll it as a dice pool against a default target number of 7 (which can be modified with the modifier stack, too). There is no Physical Augmentation in Exalted, but to represent any kind of bonus dice you can get from various Charms, if you write a number other than 0 into the Dice Pool Bonus field on the first page, that many dice will then be added to the dice pool rolled. (Don't forget to enter 0 into that field when your bonus no longer applies). In front of each ability there's a little box, you can click them to indicate your Caste and Favored abilities.
    On the second page of the character sheet in the Weapon section, the Damage field is clickable, like on the Vampire character sheet, you can write a number on the Damage field and if you double click it, then it will roll that many dice as a damage roll (so any rolled 10 will be counted as only one success, as per official Exalted rules). In the Health section, there should be enough Health boxes to simulate any combination of the Ox-Body Technique charm, you just need to click through the boxes until they show black for those boxes you don't have. Yeah, I know it's a lot of clicks, I told you there's no automation here. :-)
    Everything else should be self-explanatory I hope. One more thing though: on page three, the Backgrounds field was a coding experiment for me :-) I wanted to see if somehow I can modify this list in a way that besides a fillable line it would also include a number field to record the Rating of the Background as well. I succeeded partially, but for some reason I couldn't also include that nice "Edit List" buttons which you can see on the other sections (like Charms and Spells) here. But it's good enough for now :-) Those number fields in the Backgrounds section are also double clickable and will roll that many dice, but I don't think it's useful at all, since I believe Backgrounds are never rolled like an Ability or an Attribute.

Anyways, I just wanted to put this out here guys, in case anyone might find it useful. I don't really think I'm going to develop this further or update it or whatever, because it's good enough for our party and we're perfectly fine with it. So please consider it as is, where is and with all faults. :-) Of course if you're a billionaire for example and you pay me like let's say 650000 dollars, that would allow me to just immediately quit my day job and maintain my current state of living for the next 50 years, and in that case I'll of course program you whatever you want in Fantasy Grounds. But seriously though, anything doesn't work as I described above, please say so and I'll take a look.

Oh, and I'm totally, absolutely sorry for the wall of text, but anyways you're all at home anyway with nothing else to do, so you might've just read it all. :-)

Oh, and ummm, I'm not sure about the licensing status of any code posted on these forums, so especially I don't know under what license the original VtM ruleset was published that I linked above and which I've built this on, but if possible, please consider those parts of the code attached to this post which I wrote to be public domain. So you can do whatever you want with it, you can modify it, sell it, say you wrote it all and impress a girl with it or whatever, I'm totally releasing and forfeiting all of my rights to it if I have any rights to it. :-)

Release notes, pretending to be a real programmer

Version 1.1 released 22 April 2020
    • The Limit Break frame was overlapping the Valor and Willpower number fields - Fixed
    • If you set a negative dice pool bonus, it subtracted that many dice from the pool, but didn't report it correctly in the chat - Fixed
    • Weapon damage rolls were behaving strangely if you tried to roll damage on any but the first weapon row - Fixed
    • You can double click the Essence number field now to roll your Essence

Version 1.0 released 14 April 2020
    • Initial release
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rpotor; April 22nd, 2020 at 18:42. Reason: MCEXA 1.1 release notes

Two things I forgot. Pictures! Here's a few:

01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg

And how can you use these? The .ext files should go into the \extensions folder of course. But that in itself would not do too much. For the actual rolls to work, you'd need to extract the included zip file, extract the MoreCore ruleset and merge together the two. If that's Chinese to you, I could upload a modified MoreCore ruleset with these rolls included in it, but I'm kinda thinking it might be a no no, so I'm holding off on that until someone actually is interested in these and I get an official okay from the MoreCore God, damned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rpotor View Post
    Two things I forgot. Pictures! Here's a few:

01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg

And how can you use these? The .ext files should go into the \extensions folder of course. But that in itself would not do too much. For the actual rolls to work, you'd need to extract the included zip file, extract the MoreCore ruleset and merge together the two. If that's Chinese to you, I could upload a modified MoreCore ruleset with these rolls included in it, but I'm kinda thinking it might be a no no, so I'm holding off on that until someone actually is interested in these and I get an official okay from the MoreCore God, damned.
    Hi rpotor

Great work and thank you for sharing.
    With your permission I can add the Rolls to MoreCore making that last merge step unneccesary.
    Let me know if that is ok. You will be credited.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi rpotor

Great work and thank you for sharing.
    With your permission I can add the Rolls to MoreCore making that last merge step unneccesary.
    Let me know if that is ok. You will be credited.
    Awesome, sure, absolutely, permission granted. Happy to contribute!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rpotor View Post
    Awesome, sure, absolutely, permission granted. Happy to contribute!
    Thanks rpotor

Just posted 1.55 now
    Will update the help files etc soon!

I am trying to create a modifier based on a die roll eg str bonus 1d4 rather than a number, but the /mod roll will only accept a number, not a complex string. Similarly I was hoping to create a /mod which is the sum of p1, p2 and p3. I am possibly missing an obvious alternative roll option elsewhere in the list of rolls, but on a wider note the list of rolls and their short descriptions is quite hard to follow regarding what exactly they do. I appreciate Damned has given some good examples of some of the rolls elsewhere in this post but might it be possible to compile some usage examples of ALL the current rolls to help see how they are implemented. Been trying to get my head around /tmod as thought that might be useful for what I am trying to set up but I must be using it wrong as it seems to do nothing! Any help gratefully received..

Thread Information