DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 11 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Ive fixed most of the Combat Tracker issues with 3.3.6 (to be released soon)
    Ive added a 2d10 initiative option to the MoreCore options
    And you can now double click on the Init Bonus to add that to modifiers - this will help the players having Combat Tactics skills - they can either roll a /btech or /btechu roll after doing the modifier to get their new initiative - they will then need to add that themselves to the character sheet and it will update the CT

Shore nuff, mate, sounds great
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

Hi~
    Damned, your offer sounds awesome. I have my own game design that's been in development a long time and is now just about ready for play testing. Here's my question, though: What's the difference between CoreRPG, MoreCore, and DORCore? How do you know which one to pick?? I've searched FG and Google but not had any luck. Is there a side-by-side comparison of features and pros and cons somewhere? I want to start creating my skills table, etc., but not until I know which Core is the right Core for me. (My game is based on d100 rolls for actions and d6 rolls for damage, healing, etc.) Thanks!

Blog Entries
    HI Mithalwulf

Im not aware of any direct comparison.

CoreRPG is the base for almost all the commercial rulesets (excluding M&M, RMC and possibly one other) and most of the community rulesets (those less than 3 or 4 years old).
    It is the recommended platform by SmiteWorks.
    It is maintained/developed by SmiteWorks.

DORCore is a layer on top of CoreRPG that adds the DOE extensions and a universal dice roller and a couple of other features. This layers on top of CoreRPG.
    It is the platform you should consider if you want the DOEs and you arent building a commercial ruleset.
    You need to be aware of the license limitations of this ruleset.
    It is maintained/developed by Dulux_Oz.

MoreCore is a layer on top of CoreRPG. It adds a bunch of features to CoreRPG that provide increased usability. It is generic. It is not designed to run any one system. You do need to learn how to use it but it can then be used to run plenty of different game systems.
    You should consider this platform if you want to do no or minimal coding.
    There are no license limitations on it other than the code belonging to the authors of the various bits.
    It is maintained by damned and ianmward mostly.

There are a few scenarios:

If you are wanting to actually code your own ruleset potentially for the store then you should layer it on CoreRPG.
    Only CoreRPG layered rulesets will be accepted for inclusion in the FG Store.

If you are have some programming skill or are willing to learn some and you want to build out a full community ruleset then you should layer it on CoreRPG.

If you are building a personal or community ruleset and you really want the DOEs and you can abide by the license agreement then consider layering it on DORCore.

If you want to do as little programming as possible then you should look at using MoreCore or creating a MoreCore extension.

--

If you want to take me up on this offer then you need to share a working copy of what we end up, with but fleshed out, here for others in the community to use and play with.

--

The above is my opinion only. Others may offer a contrary view.

That was an excellent summary, imo, and VERY helpful. Thank you!!
    Not sure how to tag in FG, but: MoreCore compared to CoreRPG compared to DorCore.
    Last edited by Mithalwulf; August 17th, 2018 at 05:03. Reason: Tagging

I would certainly love an opportunity to jump in like that if you ever do that again. I have been running Legend of the Five Rings with a couple of groups locally and will be moving online and steering all my players to Fantasy grounds. I'm trying my darndest to set up a theme, character sheets, and icons for shortcuts on the right column, even though I won't be able to actually run the ruleset from within fantasy grounds do to the custom dice mechanic. Thanks FFG LOL. The system is great though and I can still run it just fine with a note to the players and how to convert six sided dice and 12 sided dice to the symbols and at least be able to share maps and scenes and character sheet data for the players enough to push through the system online.

Hey!

Oh, wow, I was going to do that anyway. It's nice of you to offer a little tutorial session though and I'd gladly take it, if you can find the time within the next week. Otherwise I'll probably have to browse Youtube or the documentation found in the forums. Hit me up via PM to exchange Discord IDs, if you can spare some time for me.
    I will try to convert MoreCore into Shadowrun 5. I am also highly interested in running a Degenesis campaign, but will likely not be gm'ing it. Will have to talk to the person in question about it first.

Best regards

Talk to Ianmward, he has a SR5 set in process I believe.

Blog Entries
    ianmward has suggested that yes he would very much like to do a SR5 ruleset - but its too much work to do if we cant get it licensed on FG and be able to produce the reference material too...

daboking and Mindfreezer hit me up by PM and lets see if these things can be done.

I'd love to add my name to the list of "interested and willing to contribute" list for Shadowrun 5th, as well as SR 3rd. I'm rather non-technical, though, being of the "handwaving makes the world go 'round" persuasion. Still, maybe we can get stuff done.

Thread Information