DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last
    Damned,

For 2300 AD, dice mechanics are 1d10+level of skill as a dice modifier. Target number 2+ for simple tasks, 6+ for routine tasks, 10+ for difficult tasks, 14+ for formidable tasks, and 18+ for impossible tasks. Character Generation uses 4d6-4 (with 0 results being rerolled).

GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Blog Entries
    Is Dice Modifier additional Dice or a straight numeric bonus?
    What are you generating with 4d6-4? Attributes? How do attributes impact the game?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    If there will be theming/ruleset modification session, then I for sure will sign up. I have at least 3-4 systems for which there are no rulesets about, but I want to play on FG (Wrath & Glory, Eclipse Phase, Legend of the Five Rings, Corporation).

Visuals are very important for proper immersion into the game world, especially when playing online.
    Again - Im happy to do this - and then you would need to share the finished extension so that others could also enjoy your theming.
    I know some others play Lot5R already but I dont know the other games (ok Ive heard of EP but dont now anything about it).

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Is Dice Modifier additional Dice or a straight numeric bonus?
    What are you generating with 4d6-4? Attributes? How do attributes impact the game?
    Dice modifiers are straight numeric bonus. Attributes are generated with 4d6-4 (results of 0 are rerolled). The attributes are then divided by 4 to act as modifiers when a skill isn't defined For example, a Education of 12 would have an Attribute Task Modifier of +3, if I recall correctly. So on a roll where education mattered and there was no skill that covered the task, the PC could roll 1d10 and add the +3, looking to equal or beat the target numbers (2/6/10/14/18).
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

I just want to jump in here and say that a while back, I worked with damned on the rolls and details around the AGE system games (Fantasy AGE, Dragon AGE, etc...) and he was awesome. Super responsive and quick to build what was needed. After a little testing, my group and I are now running AGE based games on FG! I strongly recommend anyone looking to enjoy a game that does not have an official ruleset look into MoreCore!

Thanks again for being an awesome member of the FG community damned!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

I'd love to take you up on working Classic Battletech RPG into an extension and dice mechanics, I can be available any time as I am retired.
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

2300 AD uses the same mechanics as Mongoose Traveller 1E. The roll is already in MoreCore GB. /trav is the shortcut.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    If there will be theming/ruleset modification session, then I for sure will sign up. I have at least 3-4 systems for which there are no rulesets about, but I want to play on FG (Wrath & Glory, Eclipse Phase, Legend of the Five Rings, Corporation).

Visuals are very important for proper immersion into the game world, especially when playing online.
    There's already something for Corporation, it's an extension for the old Foundation ruleset. The ruleset is pretty much the character sheet only, just stories and maps for GMs. The character sheet has dice rolls on a double-click of the skill total. Click on the skill attribute abbreviation to change the attribute associated with the skill.

From my rulesets folder (linked in the signature):
    1) Download the Foundation PAK file and put into the FG rulesets folder
    2) Download the foundation-Corp EXT file and put into the FG extensions folder.
    3) Create a campaign using the foundation ruleset and select the Corporation extension.

It's dated, and a little basic, but it's playable. I've run a couple of games using it myself.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    There's already something for Corporation, it's an extension for the old Foundation ruleset. The ruleset is pretty much the character sheet only, just stories and maps for GMs. The character sheet has dice rolls on a double-click of the skill total. Click on the skill attribute abbreviation to change the attribute associated with the skill.

From my rulesets folder (linked in the signature):
    1) Download the Foundation PAK file and put into the FG rulesets folder
    2) Download the foundation-Corp EXT file and put into the FG extensions folder.
    3) Create a campaign using the foundation ruleset and select the Corporation extension.

It's dated, and a little basic, but it's playable. I've run a couple of games using it myself.
    I always loved your system. I've checked out your rulesets previously and gave me the idea to use MoreCore as the foundation and just build rulesets with extensions. Seemed like a more simpler approach since most just require tweaks to the character sheet. Just wanted to relay my thanks for making them and sharing.

The original (GDW) 2300 AD uses a 1d10+Mod mechanic if I recall correctly. The new Mongoose one, however, uses the 2d6+Mod mechanic. The players want to look to see how hard it would be to come up with the sheet for the original system (as they love the old system). If we can't get it to work, we'll use the MgT1E version.

Thread Information