Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You wont believe how easy this is...

I created alternate colours for all the dice already
    100 = red
    200 = blue
    300 = green
    400 - yellow

So you would use d2006!

Please do make sure you share your results when you are done!
    Thank you very much!

https://nofile.io/f/ByYXX3m56qu/Blue...Char+Sheet.xml

Here's the rough draft of what I've done so far. My first attempt at a sheet for an unsupported system. Not a lot of automation at this point. I tend to let focuses be used with any attribute that the player can convince me it'll work with.
    Last edited by damned; January 12th, 2019 at 23:39.

Did the Degenesis dice mechanic or something similar ever find its way into More Core?

It's a fairly simple system: six-sided dice, 4+ gives a success, 6 gives a bonus in the form of a Trigger. I'd be willing to work on it, if people are still active to help me get set up to do so.

Blog Entries
    Hi QuireNed - I cant recall doing anything for that system... Can you spell out in full detail how the roll works and what inputs and modifiers affect it and how the roll should report?

Sorry for the delay in my response: I thought I had posted it and for whatever reason it did not post.

Basically the core dicepool is 1-12 d6, drawn from a skill and an attribute and potentially other small modifiers (e.g. gear and potentials which work like feats in D&D).

The goal is to get at least a number of Successes that equals the roll's difficulty.

On a four or higher, a die counts as a Success, and on a six it counts as a Trigger, which increases damage in combat by 1 or gives other special effects outside of combat.

If a character would roll more than 12 dice, they get an automatic success for each additional die instead.

So, basically, to be fully featured all you need is to have a couple sources (attribute plus skill) plus a flexible modifier that could be applied to the number of dice to give a little boost.

Input: X (for number of D6 to roll)
    Output: Y (Successes (result of 4+), Z (Triggers (result of 6))

Blog Entries
    Getting there SquireNed but still more info required.
    What is the minimum inputs to build your dice pool?
    Do you always have an Attribute?
    Do you always have a Skill?
    How many modifier sources could you potentially use?
    Are any modifiers negative?

Is the success number always 4?
    Is the trigger number always 6?
    Is there a negative trigger at 1 or anything like that?

Who determines the success number?
    Does the player know the success target before they make their roll?

Minimum inputs: Attribute, skill (can be 0, but not really optional)
    All characters will always have attributes and skills, but skills can be 0 (attributes will always be 1+).
    Modifier sources: Situational, Potentials, Rank, Gear, and Miscellaneous. These aren't differentiated in the ruleset, but would help for the character sheet (which I'm open to take a stab at making, I just don't have the programming for dice-fu like I used to).
    Modifiers can be negative.

Success numbers are always 4, 5, and 6; Triggers occur on 6. There is no way to modify either.
    No negative triggers, but there is a Botch if more 1s than successes come up.

Success number is determined by the GM, and the player does not necessarily know it (it's not hidden knowledge). I don't think it's necessary to worry about successes during the roll process; simply giving output should be enough.

Thanks for the patience and the help!

Blog Entries
    Ok I think we are close.

Likely what will happen here is that

Attribute will be a /degenesis # roll
    Skill will be a /mod # roll as will all the optional modifiers.

probably you would have 1 roll frame for Attributes, one (or two) for Skills, one for Gear, one for Situational etc

You would click each thing that goes into the check with the Attribute being last as that will execute the roll.

The roll would do the following:

It would count the sum of all # including -ives.
    If the sum was equal to 1 or less it would set nSum = 1
    If the sum was 13 or greater it would do nSuccess = nSum - 12, and nSum = 12
    It would then add nSum dice to the roll and throw them
    It would then check each dice and for each 1 it would do nFail = nFail +1, for each 4, or 5 it will do nSuccess = nSuccess + 1 and for each 6 it would do nSuccess = nSuccess + 1 and nTrigger = nTrigger +1

It would then check if nFail > nSuccess then msg.txt = msg.txt .. " Botch!"
    else it would do msg.txt = msg.txt .. "\r\nSuccess = " .. nSuccess .. "\r\nTrigger = " .. nTrigger

It would not report actual success or fail as the TN is unknown

Does that look about right?

Skills are always used as the central point of a roll; attributes are containers that have certain skills within them and provide a bonus to all those skills.

For instance, BOD+Melee is always rolled using the "Melee" skill, but you add your BOD attribute.

As far as the math goes, I think that looks right.

Hey Damned, are you still doing this project?
    If so, I was wondering if there was a way to add LANCER RPGs Accuracy and Difficulty system.
    It's 1-3 d6 that you roll depending on difficulty that will either add or subtract the highest one dice value from the main dice roll (I think it's similar in function to Shadow of the Demon Lord). Maximum number is 3 either way by rules.
    An example would be
    2 difficulty on an attack roll.
    1d20 for the attack roll, with 2d6 rolled (let's say a 3 and a 4) the 4 would then be subtracted from the d20's total.
    The same but inverted for accuracy, you'd add the roll instead of subtracting it.

Thread Information