Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
In fairness to Trenloe, Trenloe was not responding to the OP's argument - as the OP did not mention crowdfunding at all. I was responding to the ongoing discussion which was beginning to mention crowdfunding.

Whereas theoretical analysis of a fixed scope discussion is interesting... You have to remember that we are not in a classroom situation here, where the questions/argument are displayed at the front of the classroom and people discuss/argue around those. Forums, by their very nature, contain discussions that evolve, segue and are not restricted to purely the scope of the original poster. Picking apart individual responses, purely with reference to the original post, 30 posts and 2 days after said original post, doesn't provide "fairness" to any of the people posting and reacting within an evolving discussion.
I weighed Trenloe’s role as a moderator when considering how to reply to his post. I am interested in converting some adventures for Fantasy Grounds and will need the support of the moderators, developers, and forum members. Encouraging rational thinking is valuable, but it has its limits in internet forums, especially when education is unrelated, in this context, to my primary objective. I prefer to be able to ask a question related to that objective and get a reasonable reply; thus far, this assembly has helped me considerably in that regard. My wish is that that continue. For that reason, I will refrain from commenting directly on the claims in Trenloe’s reply. In closing, I am reminded of a line from one of my favorite YouTubers, who concludes many of his videos with the following: “And remember, as always, have fun!”