5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Recruiting for Savage Worlds Mercenary Breed game

FG License: GM has Ultimate, so players only need Demo version
    Game System: Savage Worlds
    Time Zone: UTC -6 hours all year round
    Day of week and time: Saturdays at 9:00am CST
    Planned start date: Whenever enough brave souls have signed up to tackle the first mission
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 3 hour weekly sessions
    Term: Long Term Plot Point Campaign intended to run from Novice through Veteran
    Text or Voice: Voice for both IC and OOC
    Voice software used: Discord server invite will be sent
    Roleplay & Combat mix: Expecting a good mix of combat and roleplaying. The best mercenaries know that the use of force is not always the best means to resolve a situation.
    Number of Players in game & needed: 0, game is full
    Character restrictions: A customized Mercenary Breed module will be available to players within Fantasy Grounds for chargen and equipping characters before each mission. Note that I've customized the setting for my campaign, so there are changes/additions/deletions to the Skills, Edges, & Hindrances from the default Mercenary's Handbook for those that already own it.

Details of setting: The Argo Galaxy, a spiral galaxy roughly 55,000 light-years in diameter and located around 60 million light-years from Earth, is governed by the House of the Alliance. The House contains representatives of the Gemini people and the 5 allied xeno races the Gemini had befriended. The Argo Galaxy is extremely large with the potential to house any number of hostile or friendly xenos. The House of the Alliance is always on the look out to find new allies and document hostiles. The Academy of Interstellar Studies and Ecologies (or the Academy) is an institution of xenobiologists, explorers, and other academics charged by the Houses of the Alliance with the study and understanding of all species in Alliance space, while the Allied Navy is a large space faring navy commanded by the House of the Alliance which serves as a line of defense for major hostile xeno incursions.

Outside this governing body, the power within the Argo Galaxy is held by the corporations. These vast organizations employ the masses of the allied races and have operational revenues in the multi-trillion credit range. The corporations are responsible to protect their own holdings. As such, they recruit mercenaries to protect their interests and seek out anyone that would do the corporation wrong. A mercenary force is the term given to a group of mercenaries working together for a single corporation under the direction of the Master of the Mercenary Force, or MMF.

After years of study, the House of the Alliance has finally decided to open the Hastilion Expanse for full settlement and corporate utilization. Researchers identified numerous planets and moons as optimal for civilization and corporations from around the known galaxy, including Drake Mining and Manufacturing, are making plans to acquire land. Since its inception, Drake Mining and Manufacturing has prided itself on mining resources and creating high-quality products from those resources to support the entire galaxy. Moving into the Hastilion Expanse provides them with a wealth of opportunities to expand their operations and grow their business. That is, of course, if their new facilities can survive.

New planets are always fraught with hidden dangers from native flora and fauna, pirates, rival corporations, and rebellious populations. Only the strength of Drake’s mercenary force will help them overcome any roadblocks and become successful. As long as they don’t get killed in the process. Do you have what it takes?

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3131
    Last edited by mac40k; July 22nd, 2018 at 15:18. Reason: game is now full

I am not sure if I have got this right, but it should be close... Designed to work as a investigator that can locate and help neutralize difficult to locate targets.

Name: Silas
    Race: Festoon
    Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d8, Spirit d6, Strength d6, Vigor d6
    Skills: Engineering d8, Fighting d6, Investigation d6, Knowledge: Forensics d6, Knowledge: Lang Argosian d8, Knowledge: Lang Bah’hala d8, Navigation d4, Persuasion d6+2, Shooting d6, Throwing d6
    Pace: 6, Parry: 5, Toughness: 5, Charisma: 2
    Gear: Unarmed Strike d6 (Str)
    Special Abilities:
    •Cautious: Plot things out in detail before any action
    •Curious(*): Must check out everything and solve all mysteries
    •Doubting Thomas: Rationalizes all weird or supernatural events
    •Loyal: Will never leave a man behind
    •Attractive: +2 Charisma
    •Tech BG - Science: Programming skill (Smarts) to use
    •Fluent: Agosian: Speaks Argosian fluently
    •Fluent: Bah’hala: Speaks Bah’hala fluently
    •Intelligent: Start with a d6 in Smarts
    •Lore: The festoon species has spent much time studying many areas of knowledge and lore. Gain a free d6 in a single Knowledge specialty.
    •Loyalty: Societal loyalness hindrance
    Arcane Powers:
    •Healing: Heal wounds within one hour (2 with raise); Cure poison and disease within 10 minutes

Welcome Topdecker! You should be able to play your character concept, but I've customized the setting for my campaign, so there are changes/additions/deletions to the Skills, Edges, & Hindrances from the default Mercenary's Handbook as you will see during session 0. Help spread the word if you know any others that might be interested in this campaign.

How long are you expecting the sessions to be?
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry View Post
    How long are you expecting the sessions to be?
    Good catch! I just realized I left this out. 3 hour sessions is the plan and I've updated the original post accordingly.

Apologies, but I have to bail out Marriage has compromises.

Well, that's a shame. I'm willing to start with just 3, but I may hold off until some other brave souls answer the call.
    Last edited by mac40k; July 11th, 2018 at 13:54.

Mac,

I'd love to do this! Sadly, it'll be about 3-4 weeks before I can join, as my Saturday mornings are full up until after the 1st week of August. If you have an opening then, I'd love to jump in!

GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

I had hoped to play, but over-reached. My original intent was to GM something. I've gotten a lot from these forums and wanted to give back, so I elected to stick with my original plan and run something.

We will be starting with session 0 tomorrow morning. I've sent Discord invite. I plan to have the server up at least 15 minutes before scheduled start time to let you get connected and the initial download underway. If you have any questions or issues, please hit me up on Discord.

Thread Information