5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Who are some promienent artists in the industry?

Hi.

I like art, and I like gaming. I just have a hard time finding it. I used to find good art on a website that basically held a gallery for artists in the field of gaming and movie concept art. Unfortunately that site became a bit of a mess, and fell out of favor from what I understand.

I don't browse deviant art much either, due to the poor quality control. Essentially I feel like I'm wasting my time on the site when I could be browsing a site with a higher barrier to entry.

Obviously I know that's self limiting, but I like spending my time appreciating high quality art, not digging to find it, and I feel frustrated by how flooded a site like deviant art, can be by amateurs.

Who are some prominent artists in table top gaming? I'd prefer just to go to their personal galleries to view their art.

Recently I was exposed to Jakub Różalski's work via a kickstarter and it made me appreciate that I might have missed out on a plethora of high quality art, that the TTG community has funded via their games.

Blog Entries
    Deviant art is one that a lot of people use. In addition, you can look for art on DriveThruRPG by choose the Publisher Resources category.
    https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....s=0_2890_0_0_0

Pinterest and Google are also good options. I managed to find awesome piece of work from those locations. If you look for single master repository - there is none.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Well, if you like Magic, here's a list of the artists who have done that artwork. I'm sure you can find similar lists for other game systems/etc.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...hering_artists

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Every DnD book has credits on the first page as well. They usually have a hefty list of names "interior illustrators" below the "Cover Illustrators". I find they're always worth a google search. For instance, Jason Rainville did the cover for Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes, according to the credit page and a google search leads me to https://www.jasonrainville.com/ which has a pretty cool "Misc" section. Hope that gives you some ideas

I like Jon Hodgson's artwork (Dragon Warriors, The One Ring, WHFRP4)
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Well, if you like Magic, here's a list of the artists who have done that artwork. I'm sure you can find similar lists for other game systems/etc.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...hering_artists
    Aaron Miller's name is on that list. His work reminds me of the 1980s style made popular by Larry Elmore and Jeff Easley.
    Last edited by L. R. Ballard; July 2nd, 2018 at 18:28. Reason: Changed "Grubb" to "Easley." Added links to Elmore's and Easley's websites.

Oh, and I bookmarked fantasygallery.net a while back. The work of Eve Ventrue stood out at this address and this one.
    Last edited by L. R. Ballard; July 4th, 2018 at 01:01. Reason: Changed "Venture" to "Ventrue."

Quote Originally Posted by L. R. Ballard View Post
    Oh, and I bookmarked fantasygallery.net a while back. The work of Eve Venture stood out at this address and this one.
    I don't normally comment on artwork, but I had to in this case. Eve Venture's work is frickin' amazing!
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Thread Information