Starfinder Playlist

A question to StarFinder "Dead Suns AP" GM's

Myself and another GM are considering running the StarFinder: Dead Suns AP series and would like to switch off with one of us GMing one and then the other GMing the next module .
    My question, to GM's who have run the series, are there any major plot points(spoilers) that are revealed in only to the GM in earlier modules that would make it difficult for them to assume the role of a player in the next module?
    Is this just too difficult logistically, or do you think we can make this work?
    If you think it's feasible, would it be better to alternate "1st GM, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, etc" or would 1st GM, 1st, 1st, 2nd GM, 2nd, 2nd work better?
    Hope this question makes sense.
    ChumSlinger
    Guaranteed fresh, 100% Grade A Nerd

I have yet to read the 6th book. But my opinion is 1st 1st 1st as the details of who and why are not really known until the 3rd book.. while then it is straight forward what to do.. just the details of how and where... so if the first GM reads the first 3 and the second GM reads the second 3 I think you will be alright for the most part.

GLHF

I am currently running this AP and think it might be possible. There are items that are made aware in AP1 that come up later, however, I don't believe there is anything that the players do not eventually figure out anyways.

As for bast GM path, I can say AP2 starts immediately on the tails of AP1. You could alter the start of AP2 to not be immediate, but as written it does so AP1 and AP2 should both be GM1. AP3 starts also as a followup, however I believe GM2 could easily take over that. I haven't myself gotten to AP4-6, so it is hard for me to suggest or recommend anything there. You could also possibly split effort throughout each AP, such as there are 3 parts for AP1 and 3 for AP2.

Part 1 of AP1 is completely separate from the events in parts 2 and 3 (which are somewhat joined), and that is also the same for part 1 of AP2 and parts 2 and 3 are are joined also. So you could do part 1 as GM1(investigations) and part 2/3 as GM2(adventuring) which is a mirror for AP2 as part 1 there is also investigations and 2/3 are adventuring again.

I haven't fully read AP3 to know if there are similar breaks there for the type of GM work.

Quote Originally Posted by ACSMedic View Post
    I have yet to read the 6th book. But my opinion is 1st 1st 1st as the details of who and why are not really known until the 3rd book.. while then it is straight forward what to do.. just the details of how and where... so if the first GM reads the first 3 and the second GM reads the second 3 I think you will be alright for the most part.

GLHF
    I would agree with this approach as well,. if you wanted to just split half way through.

Thanks for the advice folks!
    ChumSlinger
    Guaranteed fresh, 100% Grade A Nerd

Fairly obvious but you should avoid reading pages 4 and 5 of Incident at Absalom Station (numbered, so including the Cover and Inside Cover pages 6 and 7) as it contains the campaign outline; as well as the "Concluding the Adventure" sections.

Already after the first few paragraphs the main objective and antagonists of the plotline are revealed in broad strokes but there should still be ample details in the individual books that won't be spoiled. So you should be able to have fun and be surprised as a player.

As already mentioned, the second book picks up immediately after the first but I wouldn't worry to much about that specific section (1-2 pages). In my opinion it's only a minor plot point.

As already mentioned above, there seems to be a split in the individual books (two parts pretty interwoven with each other, the third more separate).

Because the adventure path has two adversaries, you could roughly split them up with one GM taking 1, 3 + 6, and the other taking 2, 4 + 5. *roughly* that splits things up so that each GM has 'ownership' over a certain antagonist.

Welcome to the forums, Karma!

Thread Information