FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    From Chris Birch at Modiphius on the KS Comments re the FG release:

"They're being made by external partners and not under our control. We should have an update on both [ed: FG and Roll20] in the next update though. However please provide feedback on the GM tools in the meantime."

The Tools he mentions are randomizers of things like adventure names and NPC personalities and such.
    Very bare bones randomisers and a weirdly large health tracker.

I am really unhappy with their approach to communication.

But I should be expecting of this after how they handled their collectors edition.

Originally meant to be a soft bound leather book with gilt pages and a gold foil stamped design.
    Then it was going to be hardcover (which is fair, soft cover is hard to do at that size, oversight occurs)

But then it was changed to fake leather without telling backers and is just super thin fake leather wrapped around the normal cover at that. Shallow embossed and without gold foil or gilt pages.

All without informing backers. I know I wouldn't have chosen it as my option if I had been informed, and it wasn't cheap.

-mutters-
    People give SW crap for unity but at least they communicate.

This is a May10th, 2019 update to the Conan Kickstarter page. Can someone confirm if this is accurate?

Fantasy Grounds - The good news is a lot of progress has been made by a developer to create a ready-to-play custom rule set, with art assets, character sheets, and more. All of it is currently still in BETA, as we've been looking at the content. I've approached SmiteWorks about licensing and have begun a dialogue there. I anticipate, with everything going smoothly, we're a couple of months away from releasing the rule set.

I doubt there is any progress on this so far. I already have every book in Realm Works and can super easily transfer it to FG and make reference manual and library contents, but I fail to move forward with some of my ideas on the ruleset due to time and trial-error method of working. I presume same happened to the developer who took this assignment.

So for now I use my own customized version of the Conan 2d20 extension for MoreCore done by JollyGM and ogendei
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I doubt there is any progress on this so far.
    Do you have some inside information or is this just a guess? Because this completely contradicts the statement from Modiphius recently (posted above by goodmanje) : "The good news is a lot of progress has been made by a developer to create a ready-to-play custom rule set..."
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yea, that statement was dated 5/10/2019 so it’s a fairly recent update.

I didn't get this update, apologies. This makes me quite excited as Conan 2d20 quickly became one of my main games. I wonder what kind of automation and integration with various talents and mechanics is out there (Doom, Complications, Re-rolls, return to pool and etc)
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Do you have some inside information or is this just a guess? Because this completely contradicts the statement from Modiphius recently (posted above by goodmanje) : "The good news is a lot of progress has been made by a developer to create a ready-to-play custom rule set..."
    They say they are still in discussions with smiteworks as of now (although over 3 months to come to a license agreement seems pretty steep to me)

Not sure what the holdup is.

Very disappointing... there hasn’t been any more updates on this from Modiphius. I’ve just come to terms with the fact that FG is good for playing 5e, 2e, Pathfinder, Starfinder, or Savage Worlds.

These other games are just out of reach for online play unless you have a ton of spare time to create your own ruleset and enter everything in manually.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goodmanje View Post
    Very disappointing... there hasn’t been any more updates on this from Modiphius. I’ve just come to terms with the fact that FG is good for playing 5e, 2e, Pathfinder, Starfinder, or Savage Worlds.

These other games are just out of reach for online play unless you have a ton of spare time to create your own ruleset and enter everything in manually.
    I play sooo many games on FG that are not on your list.

Thread Information