FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

If you add "Defenseless" as an effect, it applies a -10 to the AC.

While others like lower elevation and attacker mounted penalties to hit are examples of things not coded, those things are minor. Defenseless is easily set by 'Defenseless;AC:-10' without it being a coded one word effect, for example.

More to the point I was making though, I already came across one that wasn't on the wiki: ABIL:# was not on the wiki list. This I accidentally came across and it adds the # to all abilities when no qualifier like STR or DEX were used. So defenseless was the second modifier/condition I had thought I come across. Hence, my wishlist of all possible tools that we had to work with be given to us. That still stands even if Defenseless wasn't one. (note, I managed over a period of time, to convince ABIL:# to be added to the wiki.)

My second wishlist was concerning ST's where there is no current way to adjust. I gave a possible coding work around, without any coding knowledge to know if it's possible. Seems like the current code really sucks, else more effects would be available to CnC.

The other thing I commented on was the [HEAL] and touch, both awesome capabilities, that FG CnC has, that I had to forum dive to find out about.

I thought all three were things that I thought would be a help to the product (information on available modifiers, a ST fix, and something so that great current abilities were more visible to the average user to use.

I put my two cents on the pricing of CnC as well. I bought it because of the resonable pricing and consider things like my suggestions basic functionality, not really cool additional perks.

Segin
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Your suggestion for saving throws won't work, because there is no difference between a saving throw and any other Siege Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Segin View Post
    More to the point I was making though, I already came across one that wasn't on the wiki: ABIL:# was not on the wiki list. This I accidentally came across and it adds the # to all abilities when no qualifier like STR or DEX were used. So defenseless was the second modifier/condition I had thought I come across. Hence, my wishlist of all possible tools that we had to work with be given to us. That still stands even if Defenseless wasn't one. (note, I managed over a period of time, to convince ABIL:# to be added to the wiki.)
    BTW, I went all the way back to 2014-05-23 using the Internet Archive, and the ABIL effect was on the CnC wiki page even back then.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140523...hp/CnC_Effects

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Your suggestion for saving throws won't work, because there is no difference between a saving throw and any other Siege Check.
    That being true, but is there a way to specifically trap if the roll is made from one of the Save buttons, and run the script from there?

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    That being true, but is there a way to specifically trap if the roll is made from one of the Save buttons, and run the script from there?
    The "Save buttons" are the same buttons as used for Siege Checks. Saves, in C&C, *are* Siege Checks. They are one and the same. To save against Divine Magic, you do a Wisdom Siege Check. To see if you notice that sound from down the corridor, you do a Wisdom Siege Check.

BTW, I went all the way back to 2014-05-23 using the Internet Archive, and the ABIL effect was on the CnC wiki page even back then.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140523...hp/CnC_Effects
    Sir, you should check your own link. Look real hard. Where on that link is Abil:2 <adds 2 to ALL abilitiy score> ? Look real close. Tell me if you see it. I believe you will find that it isn't there. The only option is to specifically add 2 to a certain ability. No where does the option to add 2 to all ability scores in one fell swope.

You guys are so focused on proving me wrong, you are not hearing what I am saying. You even say there is no way to effect ST's because of the Seige Engine after I gave you the formula. Maybe you should read my suggestion for that, instead of dismissing it out of hand. I told you. Create another set of hidden Ability scores (seperate from the ones used for Seige Checks). Hand the ST's use those not the Seige Check Ability scores. If you can't wrap your head around that concept, then I'll just nod my head with you, and say ok. No use arguing with you.

Segin
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

The "Save buttons" are the same buttons as used for Siege Checks. Saves, in C&C, *are* Siege Checks. They are one and the same. To save against Divine Magic, you do a Wisdom Siege Check. To see if you notice that sound from down the corridor, you do a Wisdom Siege Check.
    And while I agree with you, to make a save you use the buttons for ability checks because its part of the Seige Engine, it wouldn't take a genius level person to come up with an alternative. This I knew all long would be the actual hard part, but for the sake of argument, knowing it would be too hard to work with, put a small box beside each existing box for use to access the hidden ability scores when making a ST roll, or where if you press SHIFT before you click on the current Ability scores to access the roll for ST's. I know that compared to the other part of my plan, (which is plain common sense and shame on FG for not fixing this) this is the one tricky part. I am not going to sit here and do it all. I am a newb, non programmer, and you guys are the pro's. But you want to dismiss a fundamental issue and always say because its part of the Seige Engine and it can't be done. That is bolox.

Blog Entries
    My second wishlist was concerning ST's where there is no current way to adjust.
    Put the total modifier in the modifier box bottom left corner of the screen. Having said that, a saving throw in C&C is an attribute check - so it's a Siege engine check. Having more effects already set up would be nice.
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    You guys are so focused on proving me wrong, you are not hearing what I am saying. You even say there is no way to effect ST's because of the Seige Engine after I gave you the formula. Maybe you should read my suggestion for that, instead of dismissing it out of hand. I told you. Create another set of hidden Ability scores (seperate from the ones used for Seige Checks). Hand the ST's use those not the Seige Check Ability scores. If you can't wrap your head around that concept, then I'll just nod my head with you, and say ok. No use arguing with you.

Segin
    With the way the C&C rules are written,WHY do you need to set up a hidden set of scores to act as saving throws? That's the part I think Andraax is not understanding - because I know I am not understanding your thinking behind this.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information