STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Forgot to mention this: create an entry for the spell on the combat tab so that damage can be easily targeted / rolled. If you put the word "[HEAL]" in the spell name on the combat tab, it will heal rather cause damage (for clerics). Also, for those spells that require a "ranged touch" or "touch" attack for use, put the word "Touch" in the name on the combat tab, and an attack rolled with that entry will compare the roll against the "touch" AC rather than the regular AC.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've tried several times to add a way to Heal. I can get the Touch action to work but it only seems to want to do damage when I type in Heal, I've also tried adding it as an attack in the CT, Upper Case, Lowercase, nothing works. The only way I have found that healing works is by rolling the dice and right clicking the result and changing it to a negative value then dragging the result to the target.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Games I Run: AD&D 2nd Ed
    Currently Running: AD&D 2E (Forgotten Realms)
    Games I play: Any~
    Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)
    Current Projects: None
    Created Content: AD&D 2E NPC generator Module

Did you put it in brackets?

Last edited by Andraax; June 23rd, 2018 at 02:55.

Oh the issue was that it wasn't at the end of the weapon name. With Touch it works at the beginning of the string so I assumed it would be the same, I did try it with brackets. Also where are these types of commands listed? I went to the FG user guide for C&C and could not find a reference for the Heal command.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)

Yeah, that's a little trick I learned by digging into the code. It leverages some code that is in CoreRPG to support 5E.

The wiki is out of date, but I don't have access to be able to update it.

BTW, putting at the beginning works for me as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Yeah, that's a little trick I learned by digging into the code. It leverages some code that is in CoreRPG to support 5E.

The wiki is out of date, but I don't have access to be able to update it.

BTW, putting at the beginning works for me as well.
    I can update the Wiki if you let me know exactly what you need to have in there.

Yeah I see it works It has to be in all caps as well.
    -Doug Dougalson

I wholeheartedly support this thread!! I will pay more to get a version of the C&C ruleset that has been taken to 11. I like the idea of the Pathfinder style spell options. Right click to choose between cast, heal, damage and effects.

Something i would like to see in all the rulesets is the ability to add effects to weapons. I believe the latest Savage Worlds release allows that to an extent but i haven't played with it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankison View Post
    Also where are these types of commands listed? I went to the FG user guide for C&C and could not find a reference for the Heal command.
    This.
    I'm amazed. You have a product that can do such things, yet it is hidden in forums that it's possible.
    My wishlist item is a clear list of options for effects. Just found the option defenseless by reading the Players Guide and trying it out in effects. It's not in the Wiki which leads me to think there may be more options we don't know.
    My second wishlist item is to create a hidden set of ability scores that mirror the ones on the character sheet. These hidden ability scores can be used/modified by the effect 'adjust saving throw by +1'. Final part would be the actual rolling of the ST (which would ping the hidden (and possibly adjusted) abilities). Currently it is my understanding that ST's can not be adjusted other than adjusting the roll.

Adjust the price as you will. I chose this ruleset because of the price however. Perks and such would certainly constitute a raise in price. I'm not sure basic functionality (of effects for example) do, but I'm not going to stand on any soapbox about it. But I had never heard of CnC and when someone mentioned it to me as an alternative, the price is what tipped the scales for me buying it.

Segin

CT Attack info--> "Bainfoe" Longsword +4 (1d8+4) or Touch [HEAL] (1d8)
    This is awesome. I can click the first part of 'Touch [HEAL] (1d8)' and get a touch attack or if I just want to heal I just click the (1d8) (as long as I have a target specified). This is sweet.
    CT heal.jpg
    Last edited by Segin; August 12th, 2018 at 06:23.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Defenseless was just added in version 3.3.5, IIRC.

Blog Entries
    What's this "defenseless" stuff?

Thread Information