DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

C&C Developer Wishlist

First of all I just want to say thank you for all of the work that has been put into the C&C rule set the past few months. Its obvious you guys have been working hard. Below is a list of things other Rule sets have that C&C could really benefit from.

Weapons and Damage
    • Please add damage types to weapons (Piercing, Blunt, Slashing, Fire, Etc...) currently there is no way to add a resistance effect even though the wiki has it as an option.

Spells & Abilities
    • Please add damage for spells with damage types so spells can be used more efficiently.
    • Please add effects to spells so that players and castle keepers can add effects during combat quicker.
    • Please add a spell tab to NPC sheets that also includes damage and effects.
    • Need the ability to add additional spell lists to the Character Sheet alleviates confusion of tracking abilities and spells if multi classing.

Misc. Character and NPC Sheet Additions
    • Please add a modifiers box to the abilities section of the character sheet. There are a lot of instances for modifiers (Racial, Class, Item, etc...)
    • Please allow right click add item functionality on the character sheet inventory for both players and castle keepers. (right now players and castle keepers have to add items by dragging "New Item" from the item list.)
    • Please add multiple Armor Class types for NPC's. Right now it does not calculate an NPC's Armor class correctly in the combat tracker. AC and -Dex AC are always the same, it has to be changed manually.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Games I Run: AD&D 2nd Ed
    Currently Running: AD&D 2E (Forgotten Realms)
    Games I play: Any~
    Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)
    Current Projects: None
    Created Content: AD&D 2E NPC generator Module

Blog Entries
    Damage types and resistances.
    Multiple spells lists segregated from each other on the Spells tab.
    Effects/Damage to each spell as in 3.5/Pathfinder.
    Multiple AC fields for NPCs which recognize the attack type incoming (i.e. Touch).
    Rollable entries on NPC sheets for racial/class/special abilities.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    I'll agree with all those. If/when the ruleset supports this stuff, I can make a pass through the PHB and other reference DLC to add the damage types, etc. I'd like, bare minimum, the ruleset to have the features we see in the PFRPG ruleset (all the effects, spell casting mechanics, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frankison View Post
    Please add a modifiers box to the abilities section of the character sheet. There are a lot of instances for modifiers (Racial, Class, Item, etc...)
    This already exists. You can hover over the top right corner of the dice button, and "Ctrl-Mouse Wheel" to add a modifier. This actually exists on many of the dice buttons in the CnC ruleset.

Please allow right click add item functionality on the character sheet inventory for both players and castle keepers. (right now players and castle keepers have to add items by dragging "New Item" from the item list.)
    There is already an "Add Item" button on the inventory tab. Click the brown "/" button to open the edit buttons.

Please add multiple Armor Class types for NPC's. Right now it does not calculate an NPC's Armor class correctly in the combat tracker. AC and -Dex AC are always the same, it has to be changed manually.
    This only applies to "Character" type NPCs - the rules do not define Dex adjustments for monsters. However, it does appear broken. Character NPCs apply modifiers correctly for generic rolls from that NPC, but the AC does *not* adjust automatically. I've added this to the list to fix.

Multi-classing and damage types are already on the list to be added.
    Last edited by Andraax; June 22nd, 2018 at 23:31.

The items in Bold I feel are the more important additions the other items are simply quality of life improvements.

I was made aware of the Control + Mouse wheel functionality a couple months ago (I believe Moon told me about them). its just not something most people know about, and every other Rule set I use has a modifier box. Just figured it would be more intuitive.

Didn't notice the Edit button on the inventory sheet. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for noting the AC, I should have specified the Character portion of the NPC sheet.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this and your timely response. I hope more people will soon realize that C&C gives more freedom of play than the other games due to its simplicity in the rule set.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Games I Run: AD&D 2nd Ed
    Currently Running: AD&D 2E (Forgotten Realms)
    Games I play: Any~
    Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)
    Current Projects: None
    Created Content: AD&D 2E NPC generator Module

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Put the price up.
    Indeed. Recent improvements and stated things to come make this ruleset an absolute slam dunk steal at $10.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

The items in Bold I feel are the more important additions the other items are simply quality of life improvements.
    The reason they're not in the base ruleset is that it implements mostly the base rules. All of those are part of the "optional" rules or automation for things that can be handled with modifiers / effects.

But, like I said, they are in the works.

Blog Entries
    I agree the ruleset is worthy of a higher price point (so is Savage Worlds).

I'll add a second vote to the right-click to add stuff, too. FG has pretty much trained us to right-click all the time, so that's an expected function at this point in time.

Please add damage for spells with damage types so spells can be used more efficiently.
    Forgot to mention this: create an entry for the spell on the combat tab so that damage can be easily targeted / rolled. If you put the word "[HEAL]" in the spell name on the combat tab, it will heal rather cause damage (for clerics). Also, for those spells that require a "ranged touch" or "touch" attack for use, put the word "Touch" in the name on the combat tab, and an attack rolled with that entry will compare the roll against the "touch" AC rather than the regular AC.

Thread Information