Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Ages Past/ Spiders of Cormanthor

Hey Players of Ages Past, and Spiders of Cormanthor. I just wanted a thread that we could post on and talk about either campaign and have a one stop shop for both. If there is no interest then I'll let this thread die. I will still post everything in the Calendar as far as announcements go, but here we can plan gaming times or just have general conversations about Sayn's forked tongue, or Tim's inability to keep his big mouth shut. If there's no interest again just let the thread die.
    Shawn
    See you around the table.

Nice thread. Now I don't have to bug everyone in Messenger.
    I was just thinking is it possible to affect other players with skills? Maybe use of diplomacy, bluff, intimidate etc on players would make characters a bit more PC-like. It's almost impossible to affect other characters decisions as we know a bit of each other IRL. How would you act if Fareces threatened to kill you or Sanyn tried to persuade you to buy him a drink?
    I'm also having some problems with Sanyn. I'm supposed to be diplomatic, nice and intelligent. It's going down the drain as my english is not that good (maybe good but not fast enough) and I really can't talk as diplomatically and intelligently as I should.

Btw: Finland won the Eurovision! \,,/

Quote Originally Posted by acmer
    I was just thinking is it possible to affect other players with skills? Maybe use of diplomacy, bluff, intimidate etc on players would make characters a bit more PC-like. It's almost impossible to affect other characters decisions as we know a bit of each other IRL. How would you act if Fareces threatened to kill you or Sanyn tried to persuade you to buy him a drink?
    In game terms you can't use skills to effect the decisions of other characters. You could possible make a house rule that would make it possible, but I have found that when a DM forces a decisions on a player do to a roll of the dice eventually someone is going to get mad. Just remember whats good for PCs is good for NPCs.
    I'm also having some problems with Sanyn. I'm supposed to be diplomatic, nice and intelligent. It's going down the drain as my english is not that good (maybe good but not fast enough) and I really can't talk as diplomatically and intelligently as I should.
    Well the way I handle this is like the other night when you two where trying to tell the gobbo that you where the other PCs. I had you roll a bluff check, and that was how well your words convinced the NPC. If Fareces wants to be mean and intimidating then all you have to do is say something threating and OOC I'm trying to intimidate him/her. Then I'll ask for a intimidate check and that determines how threating you are.
    I hope this helps.

I'm starting to be a real pain in the ***, but...

An example: we search for tracks. DM asks for a roll and we get low numbers. DM announces that we did not find anything. It's pretty obvious that there are tracks but we did not find them.

Another: the party travels casually along a road. The DM asks for Spot -rolls. Of course there is something even if we did not spot anything.

It's extra work for the DM but at least I'd like if the DM rolled that kind of things. Well, at least some passive rolls like some spots and listens. If there are immediate and obvious results like most hides and attacks, it's a roll for the player to do.

To ease the burden one roll could be good in searching tracks for example. The tracks are the same for everyone and bonuses/penalties adjust the individual result.

Another: the party travels casually along a road. The DM asks for Spot -rolls. Of course there is something even if we did not spot anything.
    You are wrong here. At least when I DM.
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

I'm starting to be a real pain in the ***, but...
    No your not.
    An example: we search for tracks. DM asks for a roll and we get low numbers. DM announces that we did not find anything. It's pretty obvious that there are tracks but we did not find them.
    Well a lot of the time you might ask if there are any tracks around, and I tell you to roll a search check. The check is just something to buy time, there might be no tracks, or the tracks are so obvious that anyone could see them. A lot of times I make you make a check and there is nothing there, and on top of that you never know what the DC is anyway so a low roll doesn't really mean you miss it.

Short Break

I am going to be moving on the 29th of May. So I will not have internet until the 12th of June. The problem is we are at the end of the adventure and I would like to knock it all out in one shot, if possible. Depending on how long it takes you guys to complete the quest. I would rather not leave you all in a cliff hanger. I would rather give you time to do down time stuff and level characters, you know make some scrolls, maybe some potions, visit relatives, or just relax and enjoy your riches. I'll leave it to the group, to cliff hang, or not to cliff hang. That is the question.

If you meant The Spider, Shawn, I must inform you that you are wrong. Far from true, very far. My campaign is divided in a few chapters, you are nearing the Chapter One end, but there's much more left. It's really far from completion.

If you forgot - Derezz got away from you, teleporting himself... somewhere. You just have a single lead, but you don't even know if it will help you at all.
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

But what happened to our original find the wagon -mission? It sounded like pretty easy money so Sanyn would hate to miss it. And I don't like loose ends.

No I was refering to my campaign, and like you said it's not the end of the campaign, or even the chapter. Rather it is the end of this page in the endless story of The Ages Past.

Thread Information