DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Trouble with initial install and updating

Not sure what i might be doing wrong. Any ideas?

(Edit) Some extra info. My OS is Windows 10 64bit, I already set Fantasy Grounds and the update files as exemptions for the firewall, I tried restarting, I tried putting the license key back in again just in case that was it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NerdyPastor84; June 21st, 2018 at 22:27.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums. Sorry you're having trouble

Are you running MalwareBytes? There are numerous reports over the last couple of weeks that it has been blocking FG installs and updates. If so, disable it and try again. If you are running another anti-virus, make sure it has exceptions for fantasygrounds.exe and fantasygroundsupdater.exe.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Welcome NerdyPastor84

Please recheck the key has no additional spaces and is in teh right field.
    You can email a screenshot to support@ for verification.
    Are you installing to the default path?

Thank you! I was having the same issue, and it turns out Malwarebytes was the problem!

@NerdyPastor84 - If you use MalwareBytes, turn that off. Otherwise: check the data path you selected as part of the installation - is this valid? Is there enough space on that drive? Do you have read/write access to that path?
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 22nd, 2018 at 04:00.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Turning it (Malwarebytes) off and running FG did the trick. Prior to seeing this thread, I had no idea Malwarebytes was the culprit and I came here to see if a solution was posted. Setting this thread, I tried that step and posted confirmation that Malwarebytes was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmie View Post
    Turning it (Malwarebytes) off and running FG did the trick. Prior to seeing this thread, I had no idea Malwarebytes was the culprit and I came here to see if a solution was posted. Setting this thread, I tried that step and posted confirmation that Malwarebytes was the problem.
    Thanks Kimmie, I realised you were OK - my comment was to the original poster of this thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    ...my comment was to the original poster of this thread.
    I've edited my post to clarify that.

And, welcome to the FG forums @Kimmie. Glad you got past the MalwareBytes issue.

good post i wondered why my new purchases are not showing up

Thread Information