Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by goodmanje View Post
    I finally found what I was looking for. So now I can create an effect for a weapon with the Bane ability. For example.....

    Bane; IFT:TYPE(outsider); DMG: 2d6

    Something like that. It's saying if the thing you attacked is of the outsider type then do another 2d6 damage. You can leave that effect on and anything you hit with that weapon will take normal damage unless it's an outsider. Then it will add an extra 2d6.

    Bear in mind I'm writing this from memory and may be getting what Bane does a little wrong but you get the point. This could be used in a number of ways. Weapons with the axiomatic enchantment would work in the same way basically.
    Every attack you did (against an outsider) would have that effect, no way to assign it to just one weapon.

  2. #12
    That’s correct. You have to be sure to remove it if you are using a different weapon. That’s something i’d Like to see someday in FG. The ability to create effects on the weapon sheet itself. Each weapon could have independent effects.

  3. #13
    I think there is such an extension called "Advanced Effects" or something like that, check it out.

  4. #14
    Is there a way to do these kinds of conditional actions/effects in Pathfinder? I've been all over the documentation, but can't seem to find anything but really old material. I'm trying to set up Weapon Finesse as an action on the character sheet. It should be conditional: If light weapon and NOT ranged. (Or at the very least NOT ranged, because I can drag it to the combat tracker, and have it stay active indefinitely, but then it causes ALL attacks to get the dex plus, not just the melee ones.) Will IFT work for Pathfinder? Is there a list somewhere of things that work with IFT, or an explanation of how IFT works for Pathfinder?

    Thanks!
    Art, Games, Life
    www.netjera.com (In progress, so be kind, please)

  5. #15
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjera View Post
    Is there a way to do these kinds of conditional actions/effects in Pathfinder? I've been all over the documentation, but can't seem to find anything but really old material. I'm trying to set up Weapon Finesse as an action on the character sheet. It should be conditional: If light weapon and NOT ranged. (Or at the very least NOT ranged, because I can drag it to the combat tracker, and have it stay active indefinitely, but then it causes ALL attacks to get the dex plus, not just the melee ones.) Will IFT work for Pathfinder? Is there a list somewhere of things that work with IFT, or an explanation of how IFT works for Pathfinder?

    Thanks!
    The effects for 3.5e and Pathfinder are the same So everything on http://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/i...p/3.5E_Effects also works for Pathfinder (though this list is not complete, e.g. evasion, DMGS etc. are missing there although you can use these effects)

    For your finesse: Rather change it in the action tab, so for every weapon, on which finesse applies, change the stat for the attack bonus to DEX (clicking on the magnifying glass next to the damage field)

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    The effects for 3.5e and Pathfinder are the same So everything on http://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/i...p/3.5E_Effects also works for Pathfinder (though this list is not complete, e.g. evasion, DMGS etc. are missing there although you can use these effects)

    For your finesse: Rather change it in the action tab, so for every weapon, on which finesse applies, change the stat for the attack bonus to DEX (clicking on the magnifying glass next to the damage field)
    I did that at the outset, but he has a lot of weapon-based effects, and the interface became very cluttered with different versions of the same weapons. I read somewhere that you can just put these things in as spell actions, and then apply them so that the character sheet isn't very cluttered, and I've gotten a working Weapon Finesse action based from his Dex and Str. However, it's going off for both his melee and his ranged attacks, and I can't figure out how to make it conditional.

    This is what the action looks like. I've tried adding "Melee" in various locations and ways, including using an IF: Melee, but I must not be doing it right, as it's not working properly. It will correctly apply the Dex, but ignores the strength modifier entirely. The configuration below works correctly, though. It just also applies to the ranged attack.
    Action Setup.JPG

    Here's how that looks in the combat tracker. Correctly parsing.
    CombatTracker.JPG

    Here's what happens in chat. It applies the net +3 to BOTH melee and ranged, which means that ranged is basically adding Dex twice. >.<
    ChatWindow.JPG
    Last edited by Netjera; June 9th, 2019 at 22:17. Reason: To add images. If I can figure out how, lol.
    Art, Games, Life
    www.netjera.com (In progress, so be kind, please)

  7. #17
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjera View Post
    I did that at the outset, but he has a lot of weapon-based effects, and the interface became very cluttered with different versions of the same weapons. I read somewhere that you can just put these things in as spell actions, and then apply them so that the character sheet isn't very cluttered, and I've gotten a working Weapon Finesse action based from his Dex and Str. However, it's going off for both his melee and his ranged attacks, and I can't figure out how to make it conditional.

    This is what the action looks like. I've tried adding "Melee" in various locations and ways, including using an IF: Melee, but I must not be doing it right, as it's not working properly. It will correctly apply the Dex, but ignores the strength modifier entirely. The configuration below works correctly, though. It just also applies to the ranged attack.
    Action Setup.JPG

    Here's how that looks in the combat tracker. Correctly parsing.
    CombatTracker.JPG

    Here's what happens in chat. It applies the net +3 to BOTH melee and ranged, which means that ranged is basically adding Dex twice. >.<
    ChatWindow.JPG
    Hm, I do not understand what you mean with cluttered You only change the stat in the weapon entry, you do not have to do additional weapon entries Or is this finesse maybe coming from some spell, i.e. only finesse for some time? Conditional modifiers is a bit more complicated, when you introduce your own tags you need something like IF: CUSTOM(melee), but then your player needs the tag "melee" which makes everything more complicated

    But, regardless of that, it may be worth mentioning that ATK has the possibility of defining a range So, your effect should be: "Weapon Finesse; ATK: [DEX], melee; ATK: [-STR], melee", that should work (but I am still recommending changing the weapon entry but I am not sure if I really understand the situation of your finesse situation )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 9th, 2019 at 22:40.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hm, I do not understand what you mean with cluttered You only change the stat in the weapon entry, you do not have to do additional weapon entries Or is this finesse maybe coming from some spell, i.e. only finesse for some time? Conditional modifiers is a bit more complicated, when you introduce your own tags you need something like IF: CUSTOM(melee), but then your player needs the tag "melee" which makes everything more complicated

    But, regardless of that, it may be worth mentioning that ATK has the possibility of defining a range So, your effect should be: "Weapon Finesse; ATK: [DEX], melee; ATK: [-STR], melee", that should work (but I am still recommending changing the weapon entry but I am not sure if I really understand the situation of your finesse situation )
    THAT WORKED!! THANK YOU! I never put a comma between the modifier and the melee type! I tried nothing there, I tried using a semi-colon there, but there wasn't anything anywhere that I read that suggested using a comma! Is there a basic syntax that I should know about? The syntax on the webpage wasn't really helpful for advanced situations.

    Also, if it had just been one or two things, I would've left it in the weapon attack and been done with it. I know, however, that he's going to try to take more feats to modify his attacks, though, and going-forward, I'll need separate entries. Similar to what you'd see for someone with a bow who has both Far Shot and Point Blank Range - you can't apply both of those modifiers at the same time, so you'd need separate entries for each, and if the player has more than one bow.. or type of arrow... then the list gets big. I wanted to learn how to do this so that when things get more complicated with my players, I know how it works and can do it again. (Assuming my memory holds, lol Although now I can just go looking for this thread and find your answer, if I ever need it again. ) Thanks again!
    Art, Games, Life
    www.netjera.com (In progress, so be kind, please)

  9. #19
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Netjera View Post
    THAT WORKED!! THANK YOU! I never put a comma between the modifier and the melee type! I tried nothing there, I tried using a semi-colon there, but there wasn't anything anywhere that I read that suggested using a comma! Is there a basic syntax that I should know about? The syntax on the webpage wasn't really helpful for advanced situations.

    Also, if it had just been one or two things, I would've left it in the weapon attack and been done with it. I know, however, that he's going to try to take more feats to modify his attacks, though, and going-forward, I'll need separate entries. Similar to what you'd see for someone with a bow who has both Far Shot and Point Blank Range - you can't apply both of those modifiers at the same time, so you'd need separate entries for each, and if the player has more than one bow.. or type of arrow... then the list gets big. I wanted to learn how to do this so that when things get more complicated with my players, I know how it works and can do it again. (Assuming my memory holds, lol Although now I can just go looking for this thread and find your answer, if I ever need it again. ) Thanks again!
    You're welcome

    On the wiki page you can see at the entry of ATK the description of "[Bonus], [range], opportunity", there you see that the different entries are separated by a comma, that is how I came up with that (but sometimes it also works without a comma, but I would always try the same as on the wiki page) Maybe someone more experienced can explain what the general setup is

    Ah okay, now I understand your cluttering, so there is maybe a feat I am not thinking about (I was thinking about finesse as a feat which always applies to light melee weapons, but it seems that there are other special situations with other feats )

  10. #20
    Here's one I just made, with a lot of help from Kelrugem (thanks again!).

    Weapon Finesse; ATK: [DEX], melee; ATK: [-STR], melee

    Let's the player have a constant weapon finesse modifier which adds the dex bonus and negates the strength bonus for melee attacks, but which leaves the ranged attacks alone.
    Art, Games, Life
    www.netjera.com (In progress, so be kind, please)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in