DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Conditions in the Actions Tab

Does anyone have any examples of using conditions in the actions tab? They are mentioned in the 3.5 Effects instructions but there are no real practical examples of how to set it up.

Setup an "effect" action with the name of the condition. e.g. "Blinded".

Right-click on a "Spell" entry (just think of a spell as an ability in this case), select Add Spell Action -> Add Effect. Click the magnifying glass to the right of the new, blank effect entry and enter the condition name in the "DESCRIPTION / CONDITIONS / MODIFIERS" field.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You can also apply a condition in game by dragging the relevant condition button in the effects window to the target in the CT.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I finally found what I was looking for. So now I can create an effect for a weapon with the Bane ability. For example.....

Bane; IFT:TYPE(outsider); DMG: 2d6

Something like that. It's saying if the thing you attacked is of the outsider type then do another 2d6 damage. You can leave that effect on and anything you hit with that weapon will take normal damage unless it's an outsider. Then it will add an extra 2d6.

Bear in mind I'm writing this from memory and may be getting what Bane does a little wrong but you get the point. This could be used in a number of ways. Weapons with the axiomatic enchantment would work in the same way basically.

OK, so you wanted effects, not "conditions": https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...tml#conditions

There are many effect examples here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ffects-library

Here is some examples from my campaign.

FGEffectActions.gif

Hey how do I get the above image to show up in the post and auto play like on Ken L's "Advanced Combat" thread?
    Last edited by mr900rr; June 22nd, 2018 at 05:49.

Sorry, the way I worded that was confusing.

I was trying to do "If this, then that" type of effects.

Quote Originally Posted by mr900rr View Post
    Hey how do I get the above image to show up in the post and auto play like on Ken L's "Advanced Combat" thread?
    Put the attachment ID (in this case 23806) in the code in the attached file (replace the XXXXX with the attachment ID). I have to leave the code in the text file as I can't post it in the thread - it would get converted to a IMG link.

To give something like this:

Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks again Trenloe.

I haven't done a lot with the conditional effects yet but this would be an example... VSUndead; IFT: TYPE(undead); DMG: 1d6, radiant ..like the bane one you did above.

I think the 5E effects page gives better detail on them look at at here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...onal_Operators just to get an idea.

Or are you asking how to actually make it on the character sheet, example below.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mr900rr; June 22nd, 2018 at 06:56.

Thread Information