STAR TREK 2d20
Page 17 of 28 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    Welp, the addition of an "items' folder fixed it, I can't believe I didn't notice that. Just had thought all i needed to do was to dump everything in the host folder.

I didn't think anything of it since all my players were able to see the blood splatter icons as enemies took damage.
    Last edited by Bonger; August 26th, 2018 at 21:02.

This is a truly great improvement over the default set up - thank you. I am running FG 3.3.6A and ran into an issue.

Situation
    1. I switched off all extensions except 5e Advanced Kombat in a test campaign and set up a simple combat encounter on a generic map ("Map-9")from the DMG. Functionality worked great on everything I tested.
    2. I exited FG to the start menu and reloaded the campaign.
    3. I reloaded the test map and the character and enemy tokens were no longer visible.
    4. The combat tracker character icon reported that they were Placed on "Map-9".

Has anyone else experienced this situation? Anyone have a solution?

As an aside, my FG instance no longer has the 'Clear Cache' button at start-up. Would have tried if I did. Is this a very recent change?

Thanks.

Kerrigaj

Thanks for the information, I'll have a go at it this weekend to see what the update broke.

All of these should be implemented in 4.0. This is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by kerrigaj View Post
    Situation
    1. I switched off all extensions except 5e Advanced Kombat in a test campaign and set up a simple combat encounter on a generic map ("Map-9")from the DMG. Functionality worked great on everything I tested.
    2. I exited FG to the start menu and reloaded the campaign.
    3. I reloaded the test map and the character and enemy tokens were no longer visible.
    4. The combat tracker character icon reported that they were Placed on "Map-9".
    I can't seem to replicate this. What version of AK are you running?

I actually think it's because you're using a module map? Locked content is always tricky to work with. Try adding a custom map and repeating this.
    Last edited by Ken L; September 23rd, 2018 at 15:25.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDecay View Post
    Is there a way to reduce the size of the blue and green boxes around the characters? Another option would be to just color the default "selected" circle thingy that appears under tokens when they are selected. Its just a bit obtrusive for me (but I LOVE everything else so far!).

EDIT: Ok, I see your preliminary bullets and the last one "The most obvious change is that friendly / neutral / hostile overlays, as well as reach "auras" for tokens in the combat tracker have been removed. This is both for my personal preference, as well as combat snap highlighting." seems to apply to what annoys me but I don't understand what overlays and auras are on the tracker. I see the "space and reach" options but they don't seem to affect the green and blue region size.

Yes there is. In the combat tracker for the PC, go to the Space and Reach button. You can change the Size and Reach of the token. This will alter the aura as well.

Wow! I've been playing with FG for almost 2 years, how I missed this extension for so long....*bangs head on wall*

Kudos! to Ken for designing this, really great.

That said, I'm giving it a trial run right now, and I'm noticing a little thing. (Preface, downloaded latest version as of 9/25/2018), and just copied unzipped folder into extensions:

Now, the problem:

While uninjured, I can hover over the tooltip of an effect icon, and see the tooltip of it (as well as a breakdown of effects). HOWEVER, if that character becomes injured, and a blood splatter is applied, I can no longer see that tooltip.

Is this a bug, and/or do the layers need to be adjusted to have effects ABOVE the splatter?

Quote Originally Posted by Zetesofos View Post
    While uninjured, I can hover over the tooltip of an effect icon, and see the tooltip of it (as well as a breakdown of effects). HOWEVER, if that character becomes injured, and a blood splatter is applied, I can no longer see that tooltip.

Is this a bug, and/or do the layers need to be adjusted to have effects ABOVE the splatter?
    It's more a system limitation unless a dev wants to correct me here.

I'm not entirely sure how widget stacking works, and anytime there is stacking it gets inconsistent in terms of its bounding box which is separate from how it renders. I render the effect icons after I render the damage overlay so the effect icons should always be on top. This isn't the case for the save/fail overlays but I consider those 'temporary' graphics.

In terms of the bounding areas for when the mouse is over a particular widget, that's entirely in fantasy ground's hands, and how it handles its Z-order for widgets.

Hope that answers your Q.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    It's more a system limitation unless a dev wants to correct me here.

I'm not entirely sure how widget stacking works, and anytime there is stacking it gets inconsistent in terms of its bounding box which is separate from how it renders. I render the effect icons after I render the damage overlay so the effect icons should always be on top. This isn't the case for the save/fail overlays but I consider those 'temporary' graphics.

In terms of the bounding areas for when the mouse is over a particular widget, that's entirely in fantasy ground's hands, and how it handles its Z-order for widgets.

Hope that answers your Q.
    It does, though not the ideal situation. Im curious (and will have to test) if i can stop using the death / dying overlays or delete the stock images to make effects work? If not, not a huge deal

Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    I can't seem to replicate this. What version of AK are you running?

I actually think it's because you're using a module map? Locked content is always tricky to work with. Try adding a custom map and repeating this.
    Hi Ken L

Thanks for the follow up - that was the issue. I tried it on a couple of generic terrain maps and everything is working well. Thanks for such a fantastic mod and for your community support.

John

Thread Information