FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    To do this

1- Open Items
    2-In Items window Open FORGE
    3- Open Armor Table and drop Armor into EQUIPMENT section in the Forge.
    4-From the Item window open TEMPLATES. Drag n Drop Infraed Sensors into the ITEM TEMPLATES section of the Forge
    5-Press FORGE MAGIC ITEM -Your new Armor will be created.
    NOTE- This creates the Item with the Name and Other Tab Information show both the Armor and Sensor Information. If the Template adds stats IE EAC or KAC or any thing else those will need to be edited in the new armor. Unlock it and make the changes to it.

See Attachment
    Worked perfectly for the armor. Thanks!

Now how do I add to the Android Upgrade slot?

Quote Originally Posted by tpkurilla View Post
    Worked perfectly for the armor. Thanks!

Now how do I add to the Android Upgrade slot?
    Since it's really just record keeping

You could create a Item (Upgrade Slot) Then use the Forge the same way
    (This would probably be the best as stats for the Upgrade could be auto applied if there are any.)
    or
    Open the Racial Trait and edit it Adding your Upgrade Item.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Samarex; June 19th, 2018 at 11:20.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Kind of weird navigating to get that to match your jpg, but I got there. Thanks again!

I wish we'd had a "Forge" in the 4e rules for combining weapons and/or armor base with magic template. That would have saved me a ton of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    You have to drag and drop everything to create a character.
    While I think it's neat to have the ability to just add class levels by dragging them onto the character, I'd love to have the option of doing things manually.
    For example, I like to have the class name a certain way (namely, the class name being just the class name, not "Mechanic (drone)"). I actually have a character in my characters with just the class "Mechanic". I basically can't level them up properly because I cannot add another level of "Mechanic", just "Mechanic (drone)" or "Mechanic (exocortex)", which FG will treat as multiclassing and add 1st level abilities.

HP and Stamina are also something I'd like to be able to freely adjust instead of being forced to adjust it by dragging class levels.

As I said, adding new levels and the corresponding HP etc. by drag & drop is neat, and is definitely good for people who are not that experienced with FG, but the option of doing it manually like in the Pathfinder ruleset would be great.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavian_Andi View Post
    While I think it's neat to have the ability to just add class levels by dragging them onto the character, I'd love to have the option of doing things manually.
    For example, I like to have the class name a certain way (namely, the class name being just the class name, not "Mechanic (drone)"). I actually have a character in my characters with just the class "Mechanic". I basically can't level them up properly because I cannot add another level of "Mechanic", just "Mechanic (drone)" or "Mechanic (exocortex)", which FG will treat as multiclassing and add 1st level abilities.

HP and Stamina are also something I'd like to be able to freely adjust instead of being forced to adjust it by dragging class levels.

As I said, adding new levels and the corresponding HP etc. by drag & drop is neat, and is definitely good for people who are not that experienced with FG, but the option of doing it manually like in the Pathfinder ruleset would be great.
    The reason for the two different names for Mechanic (Drone and Exocortex) is your choice made at 1st level. I you chose to have a drone for your ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (EX) then you use the Mechanic (Drone) there are several things in the leveling automation set up for the the Drone side of a Mechanic. Same thing for the Exocortex.

Now with that said. I have gotten allot of complaints about things that are locked down that people would like to edit manually. At first release of the rule set most things were not locked. I was getting bug report after bug report because players were not following the proper creation order. So I started making fail safe to prevent errors and bugs. Now I have went thru and unlocked stuff so players can change just about anything they want to. But I will forewarn, Automation of character leveling will start giving you problems if things like Class name are changed. If you change the Class name you will have to modify and create everything manually when you level.

You best bet for creating a Mechanic with out the Drone or Exocortex added in is to copy the original Class IE Mechanic(Drone) this can be done in the Class Window by dragging the Mechanic Drone into the List of Classes , you will then see Mechanic (Drone) with a Grey lock instead of Red You can unlock that Class, Rename it to Mechanic and use it when you create your 1st level mechanic. With that most of the automation should be fine and work well.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    You best bet for creating a Mechanic with out the Drone or Exocortex added in is to copy the original Class IE Mechanic(Drone) this can be done in the Class Window by dragging the Mechanic Drone into the List of Classes , you will then see Mechanic (Drone) with a Grey lock instead of Red You can unlock that Class, Rename it to Mechanic and use it when you create your 1st level mechanic. With that most of the automation should be fine and work well.
    Actually after testing this , it can not be done yet. You will get a console error..

I will need to spend some time re writing the Leveling Wizard system to get to where you can name things what ever you want. I don't know how much automation we will lose in doing this.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Nice to see it's being worked on. Thanks.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Please unlock class, key ability and level entry. It is very cumbersome to not be able to enter this information manually.

Quote Originally Posted by HoloGnome View Post
    Please unlock class, key ability and level entry. It is very cumbersome to not be able to enter this information manually.
    Those are locked for the automation, If unlocked for manual entry there will be issues and errors when the proper wording is not entered.
    What are you trying to do that requires manually changing them?
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

I'm trying to create a character. Entering level just requires trivial number field certification and shouldn't be locked. Also, if there are text key names that the code requires for some reason, then use a pop-up.

For example, there are 6 stat names and a minimal number of classes and archetypes. Or, certify the user entry against known class and archetype names and delete if invalid. Again, it's a short list. There should be no need to lock these fields and prevent direct basic user maintenance.

Thread Information