STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Import from HeroLab

I've done a quick look, and cannot seem to find a way to import Starfinder characters from HeroLab.

Is it possible, or do I just have to enter everything manually?

Thanks is advance.

It's not possible, you need to enter it manually. Using the drag/drop functionality from the library data should help the process.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As soon as HLO (Hero Lab Online) supports either an API for export, or allows you to export to XML, then I'll make one shortly afterwards, just like I've done with 5E for HLC (Hero Lab Classic).

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    As soon as HLO (Hero Lab Online) supports either an API for export, or allows you to export to XML, then I'll make one shortly afterwards, just like I've done with 5E for HLC (Hero Lab Classic).

Dave
    Excellent! I look forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's not possible, you need to enter it manually. Using the drag/drop functionality from the library data should help the process.
    I dont use Hero Lab so Im not sure what would happen.

Bbut if you make you character there. Then use it to reference while creating in game.
    Follow the in game design process and the automation will be set for furture leveling.
    There will be a Twitch stream for Character Creation made soon to help out with creating a character in Starfinder.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

I haven't tried importing from PCGen, I should try that someday soon.

Hey tpkurilla,
    I was considering trying Hero Labs Online to build and manage StarFinder characters for my in-person weekly game. Can I ask you a couple of questions about your experience with it? Do you find the it easy to use? Is it an accurate rendition of the StarFinder rules? Does it include the ability to print paper character sheets and if so are the character sheets well organized and attractive? Thank you in advance for any input you might have.
    ChumSlinger
    Guaranteed fresh, 100% Grade A Nerd

ChumSlinger,

I have used it, and find it ok. Its pretty accurate and easy to use on mobile. Printouts are mobile printouts of the page and not necessarily representative of a normal character shoot. You can try the demo yourself without paying anything and make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post

Dave
    The problem with Importing from HL or PCGen is your character would not have any of the leveling automation., this comes from the drag n drop functionality
    Now with that said. If a player feels its easier use thozse programs to creare a character they could do so and they use it as there guide when they create there character in game.
    Last edited by Samarex; June 12th, 2018 at 22:48.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

I didn't think to look for a demo, thank you for pointing that out!
    ChumSlinger
    Guaranteed fresh, 100% Grade A Nerd

Thread Information