5E Character Create Playlist
Page 7 of 17 First ... 56789 ... Last
    For the x64 version, we are aware that there are situations that the graphics stop updating that we haven't investigated yet. Luckily, all the other input and file subsystems are still working. I have just returned from vacation, and someone was able to report a reproduceable scenario just before I left. Also, I was able to resolve a x64 debug build issue just before I left, so I have tools to investigate. However, the x64 version is lower priority than both FGU and primary FG updates, so we'll take a look at it when we get some free time.

Regards,
    JPG

Updates

• [DEV][CoreRPG] Adjustments to CT to image faction drop code to better support alternate combat tracker implementations (such as SavageWorlds).

Updates

• [DEV] Ruleset and extension global script onClose functions called before built-in packages are unloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @celestian,
    It sounds like you have some other code (ruleset layer or extension) overriding the CoreRPG code that handles this.
    Regards,
    JPG
    Yes, just minor tweaks to the logic to make the view show for PC or DM(Host). I liked having the ability to see the health bars as DM but I don't let my players see them.

I've attached the adjusted manager_token.lua code (3.3.6 with my tweaks) if you'd like to review it for use. I also added a few new options to the campaign settings to toggle these settings.

Options:
    Code:
      -- show npc effects to PC
      OptionsManager.registerOption2("TNPCE", false, "option_header_token", "option_label_TNPCE", "option_entry_cycler", 
          { labels = "option_val_tooltip|option_val_icons|option_val_iconshover|option_val_mark|option_val_markhover", values = "tooltip|on|hover|mark|markhover", baselabel = "option_val_off", baseval = "off", default = "on" });
          -- show npc health bars to PC
      OptionsManager.registerOption2("TNPCH", false, "option_header_token", "option_label_TNPCH", "option_entry_cycler", 
          { labels = "option_val_tooltip|option_val_bar|option_val_barhover|option_val_dot|option_val_dothover", values = "tooltip|bar|barhover|dot|dothover", baselabel = "option_val_off", baseval = "off", default = "dot" });

-- show npc effects to DM
      OptionsManager.registerOption2("DM_SHOW_NPC_EFFECTS", false, "option_header_token", "option_label_DM_SHOW_NPC_EFFECTS", "option_entry_cycler", 
          { labels = "option_val_tooltip|option_val_icons|option_val_iconshover|option_val_mark|option_val_markhover", values = "tooltip|on|hover|mark|markhover", baselabel = "option_val_off", baseval = "off", default = "on" });
        -- show npc health bars to DM
      OptionsManager.registerOption2("DM_SHOW_NPC_HEALTHBAR", false, "option_header_token", "option_label_DM_SHOW_NPC_HEALTHBAR", "option_entry_cycler", 
          { labels = "option_val_tooltip|option_val_bar|option_val_barhover|option_val_dot|option_val_dothover", values = "tooltip|bar|barhover|dot|dothover", baselabel = "option_val_off", baseval = "off", default = "dot" });

-- show pc effects to PC
      OptionsManager.registerOption2("TPCE", false, "option_header_token", "option_label_TPCE", "option_entry_cycler", 
          -- show pc health bars to PC
      OptionsManager.registerOption2("TPCH", false, "option_header_token", "option_label_TPCH", "option_entry_cycler", 
    XML for strings
    Code:
      <string name="option_label_DM_SHOW_NPC_EFFECTS">Token: DM:Show NPC effects</string>
      <string name="option_label_DM_SHOW_NPC_HEALTHBAR">Token: DM:Show NPC health</string>
      <string name="option_label_TNPCE">Token: PC:Show Enemy effects</string>
      <string name="option_label_TNPCH">Token: PC:Show Enemy health</string>
      <string name="option_label_TPCE">Token: PC:Show Ally effects</string>
      <string name="option_label_TPCH">Token: PC:Show Ally health</string>
      <string name="option_val_title">Title+Tooltip</string>
    I think that's all of it.

You might have a reason to not want to do this but it's been pretty nice to have.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by celestian; July 12th, 2018 at 22:55.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Hi all !
    I just had an new update (with FG Ultimate in 3.3.6 test mode) and now 3.3.6 dies on me when loading or creating campaigns
    Going back to "live 3.3.5" is okay.

So there must be an issue in the latest incremental upd for 3.3.6 ?

I would check your Anti virus software. Depending in what you use it might have quarantined the update. There should not be any issues as severe as you are seeing, i’ve been running on test version for several weeks without any problems.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi Zaccheus, I have used it without problems as well, and the updater seemed to be happy.
    I went back to to Live mode which got me back to 3.3.5, working ok
    Then I re-switched to Test mode which reinstalled 3.3.6.

FG dies at campaign load time and i was able to print screen the console :FG err loading campaign in 3.3.6 test mode - 20180712-2230UTC.png
    I have saved the re-update full log from 3.3.5 to 3.3.6 (edited key/pwd) but it's about 900 lines and I don't see a way to attach anything other than an image...

Are you using any extensions? You should disable any extensions since some might break with the update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, currently able to reload a 5E campaign without any extension, re-adding them one by one...
    BUT: Creating a blank campaign without any extension selected still crashes (tried with 3.5E, 5E, SavageWorlds)

Yeah, the new global script code I just wrote appears to be causing some problems that didn't show up initially. I just backed those changes out. Please re-update.

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; July 13th, 2018 at 00:23.

Thread Information