FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 17 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    Does 3.3.6 remove item identification on/off from the options? I also see NPCs have that option too (cool), but I think it's a mistake to remove the on/off functionality from the options menu.

An example is I was dragging NPCs into a story entry and they were showing up as " [link] Unidentified Creature ", the only way I couldseem to fix that was to uncheck EACH ONE INDIVIDUALLY.

That didn't make me feel good. lol

Am I just crazy (perhaps illiterate) or is this the new intended way?
    There is an NPC Identification on/off option. Are you using that extension which interferes with the Identification options whose name I've forgotten?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Identification options have been removed from v3.3.6 and it is always available for Items, Images and now for NPCs.

By default everything is identified, unless explicitly isidentified=0 is set. You might have modules which are not yet updated to reflect this, because previously everything was unidentified unless explicitly isidentified=1 was set. This means hat after the change, existing modules most likely have the isidentified=0 value and thus everything is unidentified. You could check modules and determine which item should be unidentified and remove identification from other records.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There is an NPC Identification on/off option. Are you using that extension which interferes with the Identification options whose name I've forgotten?
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

You are correct Ikael. Although I'm on the test server my 'Updates Available' button wasn't lit up so I hadn't updated since that change was made - and so I totally missed that change.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    You are correct Ikael. Although I'm on the test server my 'Updates Available' button wasn't lit up so I hadn't updated since that change was made - and so I totally missed that change.
    I think I want to say “boo” to this change. What if someone wants the default to be identified rather than unidentified. Can’t that be left in the options?
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

I think I want to say “boo” to this change. What if someone wants the default to be identified rather than unidentified. Can’t that be left in the options?
    You mean the other way around? The default is identified as Ikael says. So unless specifically noted everything will be identified.

Blog Entries
    You mean the other way around? The default is identified as Ikael says. So unless specifically noted everything will be identified.
    I found it to be the other way. I didn't change any settings and when I dragged NPCs to a story entry, they were all "Unidentified Creature" which is what caused me to post this.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

I found it to be the other way. I didn't change any settings and when I dragged NPCs to a story entry, they were all "Unidentified Creature" which is what caused me to post this.
    Well, if you are like me and haven't hit the update button in a week or two, do that. I just tested and all NPC's that I drag to a story entry from whatever module is showing as identified.

Blog Entries
    I usually only update when I see the red indicator, but I will definitely do it now.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

So, more on that <Target> and name issue with 3.3.6. There is definitely a issue with the different version tho I can't nail down what it is. Here is the same view with the same campaign using 3.3.5A and then 3.3.6.

32 bit 3.3.5A : https://i.imgur.com/Ue8igTH.jpg

32 bit 3.3.6 : https://i.imgur.com/9UWq0rm.jpg (64 bit looks the same)

If you're not seeing the same behavior try removing one from CT and re-adding them and then dropping them on the map. I've had some intermittent behavior but I can't figure out why. All 3 characters have a race/class from PHB (no gear).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    So, more on that <Target> and name issue with 3.3.6. There is definitely a issue with the different version tho I can't nail down what it is. Here is the same view with the same campaign using 3.3.5A and then 3.3.6.

If you're not seeing the same behavior try removing one from CT and re-adding them and then dropping them on the map. I've had some intermittent behavior but I can't figure out why. All 3 characters have a race/class from PHB (no gear).
    Ok, I cannot reproduce this still using localhost to join my own game but my players were complaining that what you were seeing is indeed the case. Character names were just showing as a small white blob just as in your screenshot. NPC names were fine otherwise.

EDIT: also the owning player could see their own token's title but the problem existed for tokens for characters that they weren't controlling.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; July 22nd, 2018 at 22:11.

Thread Information