DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I like to propose a vote to insert this in CoreRPG, I believe that making this will permit us to have this function in all rulesets?

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I like to propose a vote to insert this in CoreRPG, I believe that making this will permit us to have this function in all rulesets?
    As I mentioned when you asked about this in Discord - different RPG systems handle death differently. HP, wounds, stamina, life-points, etc.. For example, death in Savage Worlds is handled completely differently than D&D 5E.

As I also mentioned, because of this potentially wide difference in how death is determined, CoreRPG doesn't include anything to do with HP, wounds, health, life, etc. and has no concept of what "death" is.

So, it is not possible to include this type of functionality in CoreRPG out-of-the-box. It has to be coded in a specific ruleset where "death" can actually be checked for in the code.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe, I saw in SW Ruleset this function is a new xml and lua file, but you are right the names used to determine this effects are much different

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    ...but you are right the names used to determine this effects are much different
    It is not just the names of wounds, HP, stamina, etc.. It's the game mechanics.

For example:
    - In Savage Worlds extras (non-PC/special NPC characters) are incapacitated with 1 wound, wild cards (PCs and special NPCs) are incapacitated with 4 wounds.
    - In D&D 5E Hit Points count down to 0, then characters need to do death saves - if that's desired for NPCs.

These 2 example systems are quite different in how they handle damage and when death occurs.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well, we could always add a "deathindicator" attribute to the health status object, like we currently have a "standing" attribute, which would be rules agnostic. Each ruleset could define it's own version of whether or not to display a bloodsplat (or whatever) and set that attribute to "true" when needed.

I think that what they are requesting is not ruleset specific.

It sounds to me like they want the blood splat to replace the token on the map when the character/creature is removed from the Combat Tracker.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmare View Post
    It sounds to me like they want the blood splat to replace the token on the map when the character/creature is removed from the Combat Tracker.
    So, when that orc runs away from combat and I remove him from the CT, he leaves behind a blood splat?

When removed from the tracker is a bad trigger, it's still per-ruleset. For instance in 5e you can trigger off the health status health/wounded/bloodied/dying/dead to perform the blood splatter. If you do this when removed from tracker, if a pack of wolves retreat, they'll leave blood splatters.

This is basically what he wants, and it's doable, you just need to put in a little effort.
    Last edited by Ken L; June 9th, 2018 at 03:03.

Ken L. this is a demo or I can download it?

I was pointing out a way to make it generic so that it could be supported for all CoreRPG rulesets.

Thread Information